Taboo's too wet?

boonedoggle

Goal: 1,000,000,000 posts
Had a Taboo Habano Sun Grown last night, and I found it was VERY wet. It didn't burn right, and I found every part of the cigar to be very damp. Do they need some curing time in the humi? Has anyone else experienced this?

They have a moisture meter on C-bid, to tell the RH inside the cigar. But I thought it was more of a gimick. Try tossing one in a ziplock with your hygro and see what the RH is.

I was treated to one by a brother. I don't have anymore, yet I was curious to see if anyone else had this issue.

I got taboo bombed a few months ago. The twists were very wet, so I've put the others down for longer term aging. Should know something in a couple of months, Jimmy.

Had a Taboo Habano Sun Grown last night, and I found it was VERY wet. It didn't burn right, and I found every part of the cigar to be very damp. Do they need some curing time in the humi? Has anyone else experienced this?

Smoked one this morning that I picked up in person from Rob at Taboo and it smoked very well. Very even burn and good flavor. Mybe whoever you got it from stored it that way.

Most vendors ship them wet--Taboo is no exception. A few weeks in your humi and a couple of more days in the dry box and they will be excellent.

10 days from Texas to Southern Ontario , put em in the humi and had to try one 3 days later , burn & draw just great ! :tu

100_2625.jpg

100_2626.jpg

On a previous cyber herf about 4 of us were smoking the twists no problems at all.... before looking at the cigar for fault, look to the storing method.... Most likely, over humidified. This being said, I've smoked about 4 twists, my RH is roughly 66-67% and the temp is pretty much 67-69F. If you'd like to try another, pm me your address, I have a few coming my way.

The Exotic 11 blends I got in a sampler seemed to smoke wet. The SF OB's seemed to smoke a bit better. I smoked my last SF OB this am and, after 3 months in the cooler at 65%, this robusto smoked the best of any of them so far. I think dry boxing for a bit might work out very well.

Man, I really like the SF OB's. I got the toro, torp and robustos in the sampler and they were all darned good smokes. They really ruin my cigar cost average, though:mad:

WyoBob

Back