Taking a trip: Two Parts

zipper

Syndicated!
My girlfriend's family has a fish fry every year. It's 3 days long, around 250-300 people show up, most camp overnight in their back yard. There is a pool, beer cart (which holds 4 kegs) and other assorted liquid adult goodies :al fried fish smoked pulled pork, and a wild boar that her dad shot hunting. Everybody brings something, and it makes it quite a party. :bl

She told her dad that I'm into cigars, and i readily agreed to contribute 8 cigars for him and his closest buddies, plus one for me. I'm also bringing 5 or 6 more (depending on space) for him and I to smoke on the days leading up to the 4th. I don't have a big case to carry them on the plane in either, so I'm going to try and rig something from what's on hand.

I have a tupperware (note: not YET a tupperdor, but may be sometime soon) and some bubble wrap. Will this keep them safe on the plane ride? I can either do a carry on or check them, it doesn't matter to me, but I need to know what all my botl's think will be safest. I wouldn't want to let down anybody there.

Sorry for the long post, now here's the part 2 with cigar pr0n: I found these the same day as I was buying the 15 I'm going to transport - now i just need to find the patience not to smoke them immediately! The first picture turned out fuzzy, so I took a close up too :dr

Get the tupperware.

This will keep them safe and some what freshly humidified as well.

Use the bubble wrap to take up any excess space in the tupperware you may have.

Is this your 1st time meeting your girlfriends father?

Impress the guy and buy a cigar caddy, for just under 50 bucks you can get a nice one that will last you a life time. Keep it with your carry on, and your smokes will be safe and by your side the whole time.

Enjoy the trip, sounds like a blast. :ss

Cigar_Caddy_Big.jpg

I too would buy a travel humidor. You can find them reasonably priced in sizes from five to thirty-five, and they afford a good measure of protection against rough handling. Providing the smokes for a special event is obviously important to you, and it would make sense to make the best possible preparatios.

Thanks for all your help guys! I don't have the money to throw down on a case right now, but certainly will in the future. I've seen one guy bring them in to my B&M just to transport them home, it looked sharp. For now I'll have to go the tupperware route, and I decided to do the carry on just in case.

Back