Taking Requests

leafandale

Young Ape
I'll be heading to the IPCPR/RTDA show in Las Vegas next week and will spend quite a bit of time chatting with my regular vendors (General, Altadis, Fuente, Ashton, etc...).

But, I am open to any suggestions that you may have when it comes to new or up-and-coming cigar brands. Have you heard about or smoked anything really good and different in your travels? What about accessories? Have you seen anything unique and/or unusual that you wish you saw in your B&M, but don't? Sometimes it's easy to just walk by a small booth without stopping (especially if time is short). You just never know where the next gem is going to come from.

So give me your suggestions and I'll report back after the show and let you know what I found.

Mike

Have ye got enough bread, there's the Zino Platinum Crown Special Wrapper Chubby... It might not be new, but it's a LE.

Last edited:
No suggestions, but wanted to say that y'all run a great store. Really enjoy my visits when I am in Knoxville. Recommend it to anyone else in the area.

Is it true that Nub is coming out with a Lancero?
There goes the whole "Nub" gimmick!:r
I would really enjoy just hearing about a great new line or blend that might be obscure and might not have received the exposure it deserves. Kind of like the 5 Vegas Miami before everyone realized what it was. I remember seeing these go for peanuts on C-Bid at one time.
Have a great and safe trip!

J. Fuego cigars
Fairly new on the market, been out for about a year and a half.

Oh this are a really nice tasty smoke. Not too spicy but 'eloquent' in taste.
Jesus Fuego is a really nice guy also!

The new blend by La Gloria should be very interesting.
Ashton's Benchmade rolled by Pepin are a must try.

I'd be interested in any new cigar accessories that might be pusehd by third parties.

Esencia!!!!

Being part of the blind taste test, I'm telling you that you'll have zero problems moving these sticks.

Vendors must be an authorized Palio account holder in order to purchase, as I was told on the B.O.T.L./Palio conference call.

As of now, it appears from Palio's website that Silo Cigars is the only 'approved' palio retailer in your area.... Long live free markets!

Esencia!!!!

Being part of the blind taste test, I'm telling you that you'll have zero problems moving these sticks.

Vendors must be an authorized Palio account holder in order to purchase, as I was told on the B.O.T.L./Palio conference call.

As of now, it appears from Palio's website that Silo Cigars is the only 'approved' palio retailer in your area.... Long live free markets!

:tpd:

Leaf and Ale should really start to carry Palio cutters.

I would have purchased mine there, but I had to buy it from Dave instead because Leaf and Ale only carries Xikar.

Palio is the industry standard.

Man, guys, those are some great ideas. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have read some things about Esencia and Palio in particular, so that is on my "must do" list for the show.

I also have heard good things about J. Fuego. Pete at Tatuaje told me that his new Delerium cigar is just fantastic. I will be speaking with the Fuego guys at the show as well. I have also heard that Jesus is, indeed, a very nice guy.

Neoflex mentioned 5 Vegas and the hopes for a new, "undiscovered" brand. I remember carrying 5 Vegas when I first opened my B&M in '97. They got a 90+ rating in Aficionado back in the day. I think the brand went bye bye after the boom was over, only later to be brought back to life by the guys at CI (at a MUCH lower price than during the boom). I think I remember the torp being about $7.50 a stick back then. I WILL be looking for new and undiscovered brands for sure.

Troutbreath, thanks for the good words about the store. Mullet... as I said, Palio is definitely on the list. Hopefully next time you are in, we'll have them.

Still one day till I leave, so any other suggestions are still welcome. Thanks a bunch, guys, and I will report back with my show findings when all is said and done.

Mike

You might want to see if any of the smaller cigar makers in Little Havana are at the show. I did some research for a friend and there were a number of smaller makers like El Titan de Bronze and Moore & Bode that sounded really interesting. The concept of rolled in America is cool and they are well reviewed. Something that your shop can feature that won't be available everywhere. Have a great time at the show.

Well, guy's, I stopped by and talked to Mark at Palio about the Palio cutters and the Esencia cigar. We will be carrying the Palio and we're also going to bring on the Esencia cigars. You guys were right. Esencia is a great cigar with a great flavor and a great burn. I am glad to be on the bottom floor for this brand.

We are also going to bring on another brand that is made in Miami, called Flor de Gonzalez. They have been around for about 16 years, and you may see some of their Nicaraguan stuff in some of the discount catalogs. Their made in Miami smokes, however, are KILLER! If you get the chance, try their 15 Anniversario. It was one of the best cigars I smoked at the IPCPR.

I still haven't waded through all the cigars yet, but I am looking forward to smoking cigars from J. Fuego (including the new 777), El Titan de Bronze, Arganese, and... don't laugh... Wango Tango by Isla de Cuba Cigar Co. Anyone who names a cigar after a Ted Nugent song can't be all bad, right? OK, it's hard to take the name seriously, but the sticks look mighty tasty.

BTW, another gem from this year's show was Espinosa y Ortega (the 601 guys) Cubao. Very, very nice smoke. Pepin did an excellent job with this cigar. Also, Pepin's new La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial for Ashton is also very good.

Well, guy's, I stopped by and talked to Mark at Palio about the Palio cutters and the Esencia cigar. We will be carrying the Palio and we're also going to bring on the Esencia cigars. You guys were right. Esencia is a great cigar with a great flavor and a great burn. I am glad to be on the bottom floor for this brand.

I'm happy for you... I firmly believe that this brand will be the next Tatuaje for serious NC cigar smokers! Glad you got in!

Last edited:
Back