Tampa Bound!!!!

mikey202

GO STEELERS!!!!!
I have to go to Tampa in the middle of October for some training for my job!! Ybor City...here I come!!!!!I'll be there for one week..hopefully i can Herf with some Gorrillas or some of ya'll can tell me the best places to go in Tampa for a Gorrilla away from home!!!:w

I was there earlier this summer, go to tampa sweethearts is great store, owed by the fuentes and stocks all the rare fuente cigars. You can get some good bundle ones also. Ybor city is really just a big party place, Im not sure about anymore cigar places, but there is some good place to get a cuban sandwich.

There is a concentration of cigar stores in Ybor. You can several just by walking up and down 7th avenue in Ybor. The Tampa Sweethearts is located in Ybor also just not on 7th. Tampa Sweethearts keeps normal buisness hours so I find it hard to get there because I work those same hours. The shops in Ybor on the other hand cater to the night crowd. King Corona is a pretty sweet shop. You can grab and smoke and a drink and sit out side and people watch. There is also a couple of shops that roll there own blends. I was down there for my wife's b-day a month or so ago on a Thursday night and we stopped in a watched a guy roll a toro. There are also some nice shops in Tampa. October is a ways away to say for sure but if I can get away I will hook up with you and smoke a gar or two. Let me know when you plan on being here and I can check and see if any events will be going on for you anyway. I may not get back to you right away because my wife just had surgery but you won't be here til October so its all good.

moon said:
There is a concentration of cigar stores in Ybor. You can several just by walking up and down 7th avenue in Ybor. The Tampa Sweethearts is located in Ybor also just not on 7th. Tampa Sweethearts keeps normal buisness hours so I find it hard to get there because I work those same hours. The shops in Ybor on the other hand cater to the night crowd. King Corona is a pretty sweet shop. You can grab and smoke and a drink and sit out side and people watch. There is also a couple of shops that roll there own blends. I was down there for my wife's b-day a month or so ago on a Thursday night and we stopped in a watched a guy roll a toro. There are also some nice shops in Tampa. October is a ways away to say for sure but if I can get away I will hook up with you and smoke a gar or two. Let me know when you plan on being here and I can check and see if any events will be going on for you anyway. I may not get back to you right away because my wife just had surgery but you won't be here til October so its all good.
Cool..thanks for the info!!! I will get back to you, thanks!!!

Lots of places in Tampa but my favorite of all B&Ms is in downtown St. Pete on Central Ave.
It is appropriately called Central Cigars.
Nice small shop, with a very nice full bar with top brand alcohol, great selection of Ports included.
Nice lounge in the back and you can even sit curb side and enjoy the beautiful sight that happens to walk by.

If you're going to Ybor, stay on (or very close to 7th) in the daylight or bring a weapon so you can at least return fire.

Ybor is surrounded by bad neighborhoods and industrial areas and has a liquor based joint every 2 feet. It makes for a great melting pot of thugs, the homeless and 21 year old, liquored up frat boys.

That being said, King Corona is pretty cool and there are a few cigar storefronts. There are a lot of decent B&Ms and cigar bars all around the Tampa Bay area, so which place has a lot to do with where you are staying.

KingMeatyHand said:
If you're going to Ybor, stay on (or very close to 7th) in the daylight or bring a weapon so you can at least return fire.

Ybor is surrounded by bad neighborhoods and industrial areas and has a liquor based joint every 2 feet. It makes for a great melting pot of thugs, the homeless and 21 year old, liquored up frat boys.

That being said, King Corona is pretty cool and there are a few cigar storefronts. There are a lot of decent B&Ms and cigar bars all around the Tampa Bay area, so which place has a lot to do with where you are staying.

No doubt but if you got to King Corona and stay by Colombia and don't go too far, you should be OK. That is why I prefer Central Cigars in downtown St. Pete. In all the times I have been there, to include walking from Tropican Field over to the Hilton (long a$$ walk), I have never felt concerned in that area. Maybe I was a fool being from out of town or maybe a fool by having grown up in Newark, NJ and worked in the South Bronx.

snkbyt said:
Check out the following thread:
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28567

My wife & I made the trip a few months back and had a great time, but don't go to the Gulf Coast to smoke a stick at a beachside bar, that activity is taboo over there.

I was going to point to that thread or the one I started
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28474&highlight=tampa
If you want high end sticks be sure to check out Casa Tobacco on N. Dale Mabry. Awesome selection of Tatuajes and Davidoffs.
Ybor city is real cool too...

Awesome! I have an aunt that lives there and I am wanting to go visit her. Maybe soon, maybe soon.

Have a great time!

Blueface said:
No doubt but if you got to King Corona and stay by Colombia and don't go too far, you should be OK. That is why I prefer Central Cigars in downtown St. Pete. In all the times I have been there, to include walking from Tropican Field over to the Hilton (long a$$ walk), I have never felt concerned in that area. Maybe I was a fool being from out of town or maybe a fool by having grown up in Newark, NJ and worked in the South Bronx.

Except you have to actually go to St. Pete :p

The area around the Trop is not exactly the greatest either. One way from there and you're fine, the other way.. not so fine.

Growing up in Newark, I understand your jaded olifactory glands and I'm impressed you found work in the Bronx.. but I don't think either of those things classify you as a fool. ;)

Back