Tatuaje Black Frenzy

If it gets up to $500, I might have to consider selling a jar. :hn

Best way to get one of these is to develop a relationship with a good B&M. If you treat them well, they will do the same for you! That is my motto. :tu

Its like the new Playstation at Christmas time...People are getting crazy! Pete's no dummy...:chk

Yeah overhyped by a lack of production.. Then after a while they find out it wasn't worth it and nobody was buying it til the price dropped.. lol

If it gets up to $500, I might have to consider selling a jar. :hn :tu

After smoking one last Thursday night....if I were you...I would sell them. Not a bad cigar, but NOT worth the hype at all. Make the money and buy something really good.....if you can get stupid, stupid money for them, jump on it:tu

As for Pete Johnson, DPG, and their whole crew....if I see "Rare" or "Limited Edition" or "Limited Release" or "My Personal Blend" or "I'm only going to release these to 13 select dealers across the country" from them one more time I'm gunna freak.....is it me or don't I taste a big difference between a lot of their cigars?....and I think I have smoked most of them...subtle differences, but not one that I say, "wow, this is a great, different tasting stogie"....like Padron's Nic Annis. For $250 - $450 a box I want spectacular...sorry.

.....and just how may rollers does DPG have in Miami....does each of these guys roll 5,000 sticks a day? I know about the factory in Nicaragua pounding out tons of product a day, but they seem to turn out an abnormally large amount of cigars from that little factory in Miami:2

......it's like I'm waiting to see them all on "Entertainment Tonight" next...aaaaahhhhhhh:hn

I feel better now.

For those of you still looking... Only half of the jars have been shipped. :ss The other half should ship next week.

I've already got my jar,(On Ebay for $400) but I'm going to keep it sealed and pick up some singles from the next batch to smoke. My B&M that is getting next weeks shipment says they aren't selling complete jars.

How much are singles going for, then... I'd love to pick up 2 of them (one to smoke now and one to hold on to for a while).

Last edited:
Am I reading the description correctly? The auction is for the jar and some bands??? :confused: There are no cigars for sale!

.....and just how may rollers does DPG have in Miami....does each of these guys roll 5,000 sticks a day? I know about the factory in Nicaragua pounding out tons of product a day, but they seem to turn out an abnormally large amount of cigars from that little factory in Miami:2

I was down at the Miami store last week.
They don't roll these Blacks in Miami. They are rolled in Nicaragua.

Yeah, you're not buying the cigars inside. You're spending $400 plus for a collector jar!

Yeah, but the seller states; "Brand new unopened Tatuaje Black Label Jar" How did he get the cigars out? Or is he trying to pull one over on eBay before they find out?

Steve

After smoking one last Thursday night....if I were you...I would sell them. Not a bad cigar, but NOT worth the hype at all. Make the money and buy something really good.....if you can get stupid, stupid money for them, jump on it:tu

As for Pete Johnson, DPG, and their whole crew....if I see "Rare" or "Limited Edition" or "Limited Release" or "My Personal Blend" or "I'm only going to release these to 13 select dealers across the country" from them one more time I'm gunna freak.....is it me or don't I taste a big difference between a lot of their cigars?....and I think I have smoked most of them...subtle differences, but not one that I say, "wow, this is a great, different tasting stogie"....like Padron's Nic Annis. For $250 - $450 a box I want spectacular...sorry.

......it's like I'm waiting to see them all on "Entertainment Tonight" next...aaaaahhhhhhh:hn

I feel better now.

+1 !!!!!:tpd::tpd::tpd::tpd::tpd:

Limitied Edition...Special Anniversario.....Limitado...generally = BS:BS

Getting real sick of the Tatuaje hype machine. The sticks are all overpriced. More expensive than a box of super premium CC's.

Maybe I am biased; but I don't think there is a "hype machine" for Tatuaje. If anything, this is more fan based. Tatuaje doesn't really blow up any cigar mags or publications with "Coming Soon" or "Vintage" lines. If you get the chance to talk to Pete in person you'd realize he is a down to earth guy who is very passionate about cigars.

Also, the Miami shop puts out very small quantities of cigars a day. There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing the El Rey factory and their production. Pete shows a few shelves of cigars snickering about the day's production. By nature; the Cabinet is limited.

Maybe I am biased; but I don't think there is a "hype machine" for Tatuaje. If anything, this is more fan based. Tatuaje doesn't really blow up any cigar mags or publications with "Coming Soon" or "Vintage" lines. If you get the chance to talk to Pete in person you'd realize he is a down to earth guy who is very passionate about cigars.

Also, the Miami shop puts out very small quantities of cigars a day. There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing the El Rey factory and their production. Pete shows a few shelves of cigars snickering about the day's production. By nature; the Cabinet is limited.

I'm going to agree with this. This is a boutique brand, and it has not yet his the mainstream. When it hits the mainstream, expect the quality to drop.

Yeah, but the seller states; "Brand new unopened Tatuaje Black Label Jar" How did he get the cigars out? Or is he trying to pull one over on eBay before they find out?

Steve

No, there's cigars inside, but the seller neglects to mention the contents.. He says "unopened" so a buyer knows there's stogies inside.

Back