Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles Petite Corona

dantzig

Pseudo Gorilla
Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles Petite Corona

Size: 4 5/8" x 42 RG.

This is a flawlessly constructed PC if I've ever seen one. Smooth wrapper with nearly invisible seams and scant veins. Triple cap. Perfect feel between the fingers and a hefty weight for its small size. Even distribution of tobacco at both the foot and under the cap. Rather pungent pre-light aroma. I had high expectations for this guy from the first moment.

The light was easy and the burn was even from the first puff. Initial taste was spicy and leathery. No draw issues which seems to be a common problem for smaller RG cigars. Lots of thick smoke and a salt and pepper ash.

A significant twang appeared about a quarter into the cigar. If someone told me that this was a cuban cigar, I would not doubt them for an instant.

Flavors of spice, wood, leather and earth mingled throughout the rest of the smoke with a very pleasant twangy aftertaste following every puff. Very smooth and never harsh. The burn became uneven at a few points due to the wind on my back deck but always corrected itself within a few puffs once the wind subsided.

While I should have known better than to smoke anything blended by Pepin on an empty stomach, I figured that I could handle this cute little PC. Its strength is deceiving and my head was spinning after I stood up after enjoying this cigar for nearly 40 minutes.

This next statement might raise some eyebrows. This is the best PC that I've ever smoked. My experience with cuban cigars is limited but I have smoked a number of Party Shorts with various amounts of age on them, a few Boli PCs, a Trinidad Reyes, and a few other smaller CCs. While they were all great cigars, the Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles was more flavorful and complex than any of them. It's a must try cigar for anyone.

Stick, thank you for sharing this excellent cigar with me! A box purchase is certainly in my future.

Glad you enjoyed this smoke. The Angeles is definately one of my go to petite coronas. If you want to split a box let me know.

Back