Tatuaje RC

As you guys know, I don't smoke too many NC's. Not being snobby just my personal preference at the moment.

However the Tatuaje RC's have me intrigued. I'm probably going to head down to Phoenix this weekend to pick up a few but haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews on this stick from "The Don". (Well the 2nd Don really because Don Alejandro Robaina will always be first in my book :D)

So anybody have any experience with this cigar? If they are positive experiences please let me know so I'll know to go ahead and grab some... if negative PLEASE let me know so I don't waste my money ;)

Thanx,
XXX

Thanks bro, much appreciated. I never go to Cigarfamily so I would have missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Oh and for those that don't know... this is what they look like ;)

tatuaje_rc184.jpg

I gave up looking for these awhile back, I am probably of no help to you, but you have been a great help to me! While searching for Tatuaje RC's I came across this bit of information, a Don Pepin Garcia Rolling Event is happening tomorrow down the road from me. I'm changing my plans to be there at this moment!

I currently am another disciple of Pepin so if you find these (or I happen to stumble across some tomorrow) I'll gladly help defer the cost of a few with you.

Will do buddy, thanks for the link as well. If I like the one or two I try this weekend I'll pick up a box.

I'll let you know what I think.

Dustin, they have them locally but I will not be able to check on them until I get back from Houston next Friday. If you want one, you can e-mail mike@leafandale.com (he is the owner) and he will be able to hook you up if you can not find them elsewhere.

scottie

Hey Dustin..

Any news to report? At least one inquiring mind would like to know how the quest went..

Hey Dustin..

Any news to report? At least one inquiring mind would like to know how the quest went..

Sorry bro, but I didn't get a chance to head down to Phoenix last weekend. I ended up being WAY too hung over on Saturday as we rolled in from an after party at about 0730. Slept most of the day..... LOL

However, THIS Saturday I guarantee that I will either be smoking one of these in Scottsdale or damnitt I'm having a drink. :)

Are we talking about one of these?

RC184.jpg

After reading this post, I decided to smoke the one I had. This one had been sitting in my humidor since Dec. 06. I got it from PuffDaddy in a trade, so I really don't know how old it is.

Beautiful looking cigar, well rolled, felt rather substantial in the hand.

Pre-light: clipped about 1/4 of an inch off with my palio and lit this baby up with my blazer.

Draw was perfect, producting tons of creamy white smoke.

The initial flavor was very nice, although it did not have the nice Nicaraguan sweetness I associate with the other Tatuajes (noellas, especiales, gran cojonu). I am not good at picking out distinct flavors, but I tasted some chocolate for sure. As the cigar progressed, it became slightly bitter, but the bitterness nicely went away as the smoked continued.

In the middle, the cigar was very smooth. Again no sweetness, just a nice Nicaraguan tobacco flavor. I really enjoyed this part of the cigar, tons and tons of smoke, smooth draw and great construction. Near the end, it started to get a little hot and some minor bitterness appeared again.

All in all, a very good cigar. I would say it was medium to full-bodied. Not nearly as full as the Cojonu 2003 (or 2006) or the Reserva J21s. The flavor profile was not as pronounced as some of the other Tatuajes I have smoked. I want to say this cigar had some "old school" tobacco flavor, although I really don't know what that means. :confused: :r But that is the only way I can describe it.

Definitely a cigar worth trying, not sure if I would buy a box since they are larger than I normally smoke and rather expensive (which is a given for the size and shape).

In terms of strength, I have a very nice buzz at the moment and the residual aftertaste is very pleasant.

Dustin, definitely worth trying, so stop all that drinking and grab yourself one of these. :r

Figured I'd revisit this thread since I did get to smoke a couple of the 233's and yes they are very tasty.

Haven't been able to find any of the 184's though. Anybody got one they want to part with? Or if you have a box I'd love to try and work something out ;)

BTW, if anybody was on the fence about these pick 'em up. Very tasty.

Figured I'd revisit this thread since I did get to smoke a couple of the 233's and yes they are very tasty.

Haven't been able to find any of the 184's though. Anybody got one they want to part with? Or if you have a box I'd love to try and work something out ;)

BTW, if anybody was on the fence about these pick 'em up. Very tasty.

I would love to pick some of these up, if I knew where to.:confused:

Hey Dustin, I just blew through my last 184. I'd send you one if I still had some. You can try PuffnStuff in Atlanta.. 770-908-9388 that's where I got both the 184 and 233s from. Alan might have a box of 184 tucked away. You can tell him Ji told you to call him.

Jim from Blue Havana II has a couple, should have picked one up, but probably good I didn't because of my kitty incident. Ironically he got them from Alan PuffnStuff.

Thanks for all the info gents... and a BIG thank you to GAW for PM'ing me and hooking me up with a couple to sample before I dive in on a box. Thank you very much brother, if some of you other LLG's could hit his RG for me it'd be much appreciated :tu

Thanks Jerry!

Back