Tatuaje red band robusto(?)

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
I'd dropped by the B&M looking for inspiration. I picked up a AVO LE 07 and then El Patron mentioned that he'd finally got his Tatuaje shipment in. Ordered nearly a year ago, he had assumed that the order had been cancelled long ago. I guess Don Pepin is having trouble keeping up with demand.

I picked up a robusto looking stick with a red band for immediate consumption. Well, it was hot out today, but I was sitting in the shade of a tree and I'd had a big lunch with a glass of iced tea less than half an hour before; even so, this stick kicked my ass. Good flavor and excellent burn, but I had to take it really slowly. The strong nicotine content made it a border line experience for me. Any stronger and I would have had to pitch it but as it was it was a nice smoke when enjoyed very, very slowly.

:ss

I picked up a single red band of those last week for the 4th.

Yep, it was strong, but I really enjoyed the flavor.

It was my first Tatuaje, and it won't be my last. :tu

The red label is better with age. I smoked one a few months ago and the taste was just blah. However, the one I smoked last week (Nobles from Sep '06) was great, spicy, peppery, well balanced.

My local B&M told me that Pepin is no longer in Miami. Her daughter is now in charged for the Miami Factory. He is now managing the Nicaragua factory full time, so the quality of the red label will be better than the brown.

I have a box of these and I absolutely love them. I will forever have a box of these guys.

294_9435.jpg

I am not a huge fan of these at all. I am making them pay by sitting in the humidor for a few months or so. We'll see what happens then! :mad::D

Back