Tatuaje Red Label Verocu with a heaping dose of Vitamin N!

skibumdc

Arnold is numero uno
Woof.
I had a steak dinner and then headed down the the local B&M for the usual Tuesday evening get together.
Brought along a few cigars.
Tatuaje Havana VI -Verocu - West Coast
Taboo Twist Robusto
AF Short Story Maddy

I had some Coffee, water and then lit up the Tat.
First Tat ever for me.

Nice bite in the beginning. Great construction, had a little trouble staying lit but that may have been my fault. I was running low on fluid in the lighter and could have toasted the foot better. Good draw, but not perfect for me.

Spice, leather, cocao, nutmeg, all wonderful.
I could tell halfway through this was no Mini Cooper with a trunk of Nicotine, it was a full blown Dumptruck.
I imagine there are sticks with even more Vitamin N which I would call a mining dumptruck, but this was a regular construction dumptruck of Nicotine.

I finished that puppy off in about 1.5-2 hours and I could tell, even sitting down, that I was woozy. I sat chatting for a bit finished my water and coffee and said my goodbyes.

Got home and the fiance' looked at me and said "Are you ok?"
I just chuckled and said, "Yeah, that cigar kicked my tush a little"
She just laughed.

So Review
Construction: 10
Draw: 9.5 ( not too tight, not too lose, just not ideal for me)
Taste: 9
Aftertaste: 8
Vitamin N!: 12

Verdict: 9

Wow seemed like the last red label I tried was milder tan the brown label. Maybe I need to get into my stash of west coast and try them out.

Wow seemed like the last red label I tried was milder tan the brown label. Maybe I need to get into my stash of west coast and try them out.
Hey who knows, maybe it was just me?
I had Camacho 10th Anny's the past two Tuesday evenings and had no ill effects. In fact went on both time to spark up a an other stick (Short Story, and RP 1990 Perfecto) with no side effects.

Maybe I should have had more sweet potato with my Steak before this smoke.

Nice review.

I just had an East Coast and didn't get kicked by the nicotine. But I've been smoking daily lately.

The West Coast Tat had a sick period a few months after they came out that lasted for a few months.

I am very happy to say that I smoked another one from my stash this past Monday and it was better than I remember them being when they first came out.

If you have any left, you might want to give one a try.

Ken

Very good review. As to Vitamin N, it's all gonna be relative. I'm not overly fond of the nic as it seems to close the back of my throat, but I do like a spicy (read that as bite maybe) and a full bodied smoke. No wimpy or thin tasting or smoking cigars.

I also smoked quite a few and never got kicked with the Vitamin N. I am surprised with a big steak dinner as well. They are some great cigars that should agen nicely.

Back