Tatuaje Verocu No. 2 Exclusivo Zona del Este

physiognomy

From a land down under...
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No. 2 Exclusivo Zona del Este- 5 ½" x 54

From the Tatuaje website: “Blended in the style of the flavorful yet Medium Bodied Cuban Cigars.
Cigars are rolled in Nicaragua using select Nicaraguan tobaccos and classic cuban blending with a beautiful Cuban triple-cap.
Staying true to the pride of El Rey de Los Habanos.”

macms kindly gifted me this cigar yesterday during an impromptu balcony herf…

Other than size, this cigar differs from the regular Havana VI line by having a slightly darker (cafe rosado oscuro) wrapper and the addition of ligero into the filler. Maybe the other red label Tat’s I have in my humi are a little on the dark side, but I haven’t noticed much difference in colour between the normal line & the Verocus. Construction on this cigar was pretty near perfect, & even with a tightly packed roll it drew nicely with only a small amount of resistance.

The first few puffs were surprisingly smooth and mild for a Tat & had an enjoyable creamy sweetness. The flavours that developed through the first third were reminiscent of the brown label Tatuaje with little (if any) of the peppery-leather taste I associate with the red labels. If I’m picking my flavour right, I’m also pretty certain that this is the creamiest cigar I have smoked. By the end of the first third my mouth was almost coated & I put aside my beer (Bud) that wasn’t complimenting the smoke & put on a pot of coffee.

1242204687_0bd5e5274f_o.jpg

The second third was much of the same, but with more leather flavours coming through with volumes of cool smoke. I’m not sure it shows well in the pictures, but the ash was slightly flaky & whiter than I have seen on any other Tat. I would have preferred that the ash held a little longer, but it wasn’t really a problem. At one point I caught myself puffing a little too hard and noticed some woody flavours & spice, but it never became harsh. After slowing down a little the sweeter smoothness returned. I’ve also got to say that this cigar goes great with a cup of coffe…

1244212812_fc860ed62e_o.jpg

If there was any criticism I could make it would be a lack of complexity. The final third continued with the dominant creamy-leather taste, but it was so full flavoured that I couldn’t complain. Getting towards the last inch I noticed the nicotine start to kick in a little & personally I would put this cigar in the higher medium category strength-wise. The last inch finished off with with some wood, but stayed cool & smooth to the nub.

1244212850_45186d68bb_o.jpg

I would recommend this cigar to anyone who likes full flavoured cigars & will be interested to taste these again with some age on them. At $10 each they are out of my price range for a box purchase, but I look forward to comparing these with the Verocu No. 1.

Back