Tavago

Don Fernando

Lowland Gorilla
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A friend of mine bought a case of this Tavago cigars on his recent trip to Trinidad & Tobago. It’s a handmade local cigar, made by a refugee from Cuba and I cannot find any information on the internet about this brand so it’s unique to smoke and review this. Nootje, thank you for sharing this cigar and making this review possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The wrapper is nice oily and smooth, I don’t know the precise ring but I guess its around 40 and about 130mm long. The aroma reminds me of manure.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Leather, that is the first flavor I can discover and soon after the leather I can taste pepper. When the cigar reaches the body there is a clear toast flavor at the palate which is replaced by leather and pepper after a few centimeters. At the end the pepper grows stronger.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The smoke, draw and ash are all fine, the cigar is light to medium bodied and not complex at all. A nice cigar to start the day with, nothing special but not bad either[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Would I buy this cigar again? It could be a nice morning cigar, if the price is right.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
Construction: 12 / 20
Draw: 12 / 20
Appearance: 14 / 20
Smoke && ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 14 / 20
Aroma (foot) 6 / 10
Aroma (body) 7 / 10
Aroma (head) 6 / 10
[/FONT]

Man, you apparently had a busy night. You must have burnt your taste buds raw by this point.

Though I've never heard of any of these cigars, thanks for all the reviews.

Back