TE-AMO VINTAGE 98

B

BULRUN (Guest)

JUST LIT ONE FIRST IMPRESSION IT LOOKS GREAT BURNS A LITTLE UNEVEN.INTERESTING FLAVOR THINK I TASTE A HINT OF COFFEE. ASH IS NOT APEELING GRAYISH-BLACK.NICE DRAW OVER ALL NOT A BAD SMOKE FOR THE PRICE(3.99)BUT FOR A VINTAGE YOU EXPECT MORE!HALF WAY THROUGH IT PICKS UP THE PACE AND GETS MORE FULL FLAVORED!

I've tried a couple of Te-Amo's in my day and have never been impressed. Based on the flavor of the regular line, I'm very hesitant to spends any money on aged crap. That just my opinion though.

big_bish

They didn't do much for me either. Another marketing attempt behind a bad cigar.

Paul

Never found a Te-Amo I ever thought was just OK. Not real big on Mexican cigars period. Much better smokes out there for less, IMHO

I totally agree. I find that I prefer smokes from Nicaragua and Honduras over the other countries.

big_bish

Smoked this one, didn't like it. A lot of after taste that really hung on. Not all that enjoyable. I also prefere Nicos.

I AGREE THIS SMOKE IS NOT TOP OF THE LINE BUT AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THERE PAST YEARS!THE DIFFERENCE MAYBE IN THE BLEND THEY COULD NEVER PLEND FROM OTHER COUNTRY'S.MAYBE THERE IS SOME PROMISE IN THE BRAND!

Can't say I've tried the Vintage yet. Have you given the Anniversarios a go? I hear they are both a step up, and, given the lack of enthusiam from most everyone in this forum, any step up is a great leap for mankind.

Personally, I like a regular Te Amo from time to time. The cigar shoppe in town used to have a lot of Toro maduros sitting around. Maybe they need a little prodding and extra attention, but for a cheap cigar they aren't too bad. You guys are probably going to flame me now, but I must admit that even a plain old Henry Clay strikes a good chord on occasion. {:>) —J.J.

For the money I still think they're crap. I'd rather smoke a mayorga or an A. Fuente. Chateau Fuentes are only $2.88. mmmmmmmmm

big_bish

Nothing personal, I just don't like mexican tobacco. Maybe its the water they use to irrigate the fields. It's like montizomo's revenge on your tastebuds.

big_bish

big_bish,
You made me laugh. You should be a little more stright forward with your stogie opinions. Don't sugar coat your comments so much.... just kidding. Keep 'em coming and keep us honest.

.... because we love those honest T25C forum comments...rjs

J.J. & BULRUN,
I received one of the Te-Amo Anniversarios at the Big Smoke. It smoked ok.

A plain looking cigar. The draw was ok. Lots of smoke. Uneven burn. The taste was ok. Not too strong or acidic. Fairly smooth. I was surprised.

I would smoke one if given to me, but I wouldn't buy a box. Not because the cigar was bad, it just wasn't anything special. I can't really remember how any other Te-Amo's smoked. I guess hat says a lot,

I agree with big_bish. For the money, there are a lot of good smokes. Keep in mind, it was my fourth cigar the nite of (and after) the Big Smoke. I smoked it about 1 a.m. So take this opinion with a grain of salt. Oh well.

The best thing about this cigar seems to be the dialogue it generates.

...because we love talking about those smokes..good and bad. rjs

You're right. No biggy. And, just so nobody gets confused as to where I stand, don't anyone EVER mail me a case of Te Amos for ANY reason. I'm kidding. As a gift I won't complain. I'm just not on my knees towards Mexico, if you know what I mean. Te Amo has a long way to go, there's no question. But for a special close-out price of two bucks a stick, you can't blame me. Just so we're clear on dat, brah. {:>) —J.J.

Hey JJ,

Maybe we should have an all-Mexico Staff Reviews at T25C, and you can be it's sponsor? :D

I can see you now, wearing the big Sombrero, Te-Amo T-Shirt....hmmm

Actually i've had some Te-Amo's that haven't left me sensory paralyzed...but not many.

All in fun!

Paul

Back