Temp Control

prccap1

Young Chimp
Do any of you guys know of a divice I can put in my humidor to lower the temp.? I'm always at 74-76F, my RH is fine using a cigar oasis, but I want to try and lower the temp.

Hi prccap1:

Check out Eidisonbirds thread just a few threads down from yours on " Haier wine coolers"

I also have a temp problem in my coolerdor. I just took out my cigar oasis and put my humidor (seasoned) in there with the lid off and servering as a tray also. It seems to work, the humidity is at 66% and the temp is around 75 or so.
If your temp is too high, keep your humidity at a lower setting.:)

I read a post yesterday on another BB that said he took a 1 liter plastic water bottle, froze it and placed it in a zip-lock bag and then placed it in the 'dor. Might give it a try?

Dan

Fast Smoker--12.532 sec. in the 1/4 mile@108.31mph--2001 F150 Lightning Truck

be careful of condensation when doing this. i used to place one of those blue-ice thingies in my coolerdor to bring down the temp but i would always wrap it in a towel and then place it in a larg container of some sort to catch any excess water.

I would not suggest that. Cigars are like a fine wine, they don't react well to temp. fluxuations. Your cigars are better off staying at 74°, rather than swinging from 65°-75° all the time. If you leave town or forget, your cigars will get warmer again. Yes, they do age better at 65°, so you should do the cooler idea Edisonbird put together.

Jack

Back