Temperature vs. taste

AsetOne

Gorilla
So i was smoking a partagas short earlier....it was horrible, constant touchups were required, was not very tasty (ie lack of spice and bitter partagas flavour) and got bitter early.

My smokes are stored at around 65% i smoked at about a puff a minute, but i got thinking, i know RH will affect the taste of a stogie, but what about temperature?

It is Summer here and i struggle to keep my temps down, hence the need to constantly check for mold etc.

So for instance will a smoke that is at 25C taste different to say (exaggerated) 35C? if anyone knows i would love to hear your opinion, otherwise i think it may make for an interesting experiment ;)

Cheers guys

James.

For those of us that use F its 77 and 95.

IMO i would say yes. If it starts out being 95F(35C) its already going to burn hot and just get hotter. Not to mention mold starts to become a factor over 80F or 26.7C. Want to keep them between 65F-75F at the highest. (18C-42C) Also if you go from low temp to high temp can run into problems of cigars explosions! Caused by condensation that forms in the cigar.

Back