Temporary Humidity

bigkev77

Conservative Stud
I just got my cooler out after buying about 40 cigars online. I haven't gotten any humidification or a hygrometer installed yet. What can I do to temporarily humidify the cooler. Should I just not worry about it until I can get to a b&m late next week?

paper towel + distilled water. get the towel damp and place it in a ziplock bag to keep the cigars from getting wet

If its an old cooler, be sure to wash it out completely and scrub with baking powder. A brand new small sponge soaked then squeezed out completely will also work. 40 smokes is not a lot in a large cooler, You might want to use a tupperware or Target sells a nice snap lid food storage container for about $7.
The paper towel in an open baggie works well in tupperware. Dont bother with the type of crap your B&M will sell you for humidification(most likely PG solution). Stop in at Cigarmony or Heartfeltindusties.com and get a Puck or the new round bead container. Beads are much more reliable than distilled water and PG. :2

I would do nothing.
In my opinion, they're better a little dry for a couple of days
than have a spike of humidity when the damp paper towel
first goes in. I don't think they'll dry out much if the cooler stays shut.

I just got my cooler out after buying about 40 cigars online. I haven't gotten any humidification or a hygrometer installed yet. What can I do to temporarily humidify the cooler. Should I just not worry about it until I can get to a b&m late next week?

Most cigars are over humidified when shipped and a few days isn't going to hurt anything.

I would put them in a small air tight container and leave it closed until you get the cooler set up properly.

I hope this helps

~Mark

Most cigars are over humidified when shipped and a few days isn't going to hurt anything.

I would put them in a small air tight container and leave it closed until you get the cooler set up properly.

I hope this helps

~Mark
Smart words from a smart man.
They don't call him the "Puckster" for nothin':tu

I hope this helps

~Mark

:tpd: Gladware works perfectly for this. And it's uber cheap. :tu

Back