Temporary storage

TEAK

Gorilla
I currently have a 40 count desk top humi that holds about 30 smokes because I have a pension for the large ring gauge. It is currently full and I just ordered about 40 smokes because I found some good deals. I plan on building a coolidor o house the large portion of my smokes while keeping the 40 count to ones I plan on smoking in the near future. My question is this. It is going to be about a week or so before I can assemble all of the parts needed to make the coolidor and the smokes will be here tomorrow. What can I do to store them in the mean time??
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions guys!!

the sticks should be fine in a ziplock bag for a day... the sticks will keep humidity for at least day with out humidification device :2

the sticks should be fine in a ziplock bag for a day... the sticks will keep humidity for at least day with out humidification device :2

Tom is on the cheap money with this!

But, if you will have them in the ziplock for several days and you want some humidification, fold up a paper towel, wet it squeeze out the excess, place that paper towel inside a smaller plastic bag,and put that plastic bag (with an open top) into the larger bag with the cigars.

I have several 3-4 gallon size plastic bags that I use for overflow, and I throw in one or more water pillows depending on how much I have in them. (I use this as a cheap storage, because I already had the bags, I used the paper towel method until I came up with some water pillows off of cbid)

Good luck!

BTW, better buy a big cooler, looks like you might need it;):D

a pension for large ring gauge cigars?!... my dad's pension only pays out in money... I don't even have a pension... :r

just ribbing ya. I have a penchant for large ring gauge cigars too...
for years, I used to always say "paramount" even though I meant to say "tantamount"... I knew the difference, but it always came out "paramount"... sad thing is that no one ever corrected me... I just caught myself saying it one day... and felt really silly. I still catch a lot of people saying "supposably" when they probably should be saying "supposedly"...

any ways...

I've occasionally run into the same issue... if they are only hanging out for a few days, the ziplock has been fine for me. I've also used the damp paper towel technique... although, I did it more out of paranoia, than anything else... I probably didn't need the damp paper towel... as long as it isn't for a long time and the sticks are allowed to recouperate in a seasoned and properly maintained humidor for a couple weeks before smoking, I think there's nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

Tom is on the cheap money with this!

But, if you will have them in the ziplock for several days and you want some humidification, fold up a paper towel, wet it squeeze out the excess, place that paper towel inside a smaller plastic bag,and put that plastic bag (with an open top) into the larger bag with the cigars.

I have several 3-4 gallon size plastic bags that I use for overflow, and I throw in one or more water pillows depending on how much I have in them. (I use this as a cheap storage, because I already had the bags, I used the paper towel method until I came up with some water pillows off of cbid)

Good luck!

BTW, better buy a big cooler, looks like you might need it;):D

Tom? That is Gerry in disguise. :r

Back