Thanks TxMatt..got my box of La Rosas

mikey202

GO STEELERS!!!!!
not bad for $45 dollars...TxMatt bombed me a few months back and gave me one of these and now i have a box of my own:) ...hell the box is nice too!!!

I got two of em from a fellow BOTL and have yet to try them.. They were good enough to make you buy a box, I may have to make that one of my smokes for the day tommorow...
Scott

Really good cigar for the money. Jeff AKA PuffDaddy called and found out they are going to run a special soon for $5 off the current box price. If any of you are thinking of ordering some, you may want to wait. These are discontinued however, and most of the boxes are coming dated 2000 through 2002.

The box has recessed hinges that are secured with 8 screws and really nice box art; I was able to sell the first empty for $15 on eBay. Talk up the construction quality and show off the box art and you should be able to get close to the same from people who make cigar box purses.

-Matt-

txmatt said:
Really good cigar for the money. Jeff AKA PuffDaddy called and found out they are going to run a special soon for $5 off the current box price. If any of you are thinking of ordering some, you may want to wait. These are discontinued however, and most of the boxes are coming dated 2000 through 2002.

The box has recessed hinges that are secured with 8 screws and really nice box art; I was able to sell the first empty for $15 on eBay. Talk up the construction quality and show off the box art and you should be able to get close to the same from people who make cigar box purses.

-Matt-

Good thing I got three boxes coming since you let the cat out of the bag :rolleyes: .
They are great smokes at any price. For less than $2 a stick it is a STEAL. I had a churchill natural (h2000 wrapper) last night and I nubbed it. I actually put it down (since I had been smoking it for two hours) and came back a while later to finish it. I got it from Matt last month in a bomb, and I couldn't be happier to find another great cheap smoke (Famous 3000 too).

These have always been one of my favorites of all time. Loved the art, loved the presentation, loved the taste, loved the price.

Can't find them down under, though.....

A couple hints to all of you purchasing them

The box will have ammonia buildup after being sealed up to 8 years (at least 3 boxes of mine did). The wrap does allow them to breathe but it seemed to me that the flavor very quickly improved after the box had been opened a few weeks.. So open the plastic wrap and crack the box in your humidor.

I had draw problems with the first few sticks out of the boxes I bought. I would recommend taking one cigar out of each layer to allow the cigars to expand a bit. I would also dry box a cigar you are going to smoke until they have had a month or two in your humidor.

Save me some!
-Matt-

Trumpet said:
How are they strength wise? Strong? Spicy? Maduro or Natural?

R

When they came out in the late 90's (2000 for the Maduro) they were billed as "the strongest cigar on earth" of course Lew Rothman has always exaggerated the products in his JRCigars catalog, especially the ones marketed by his Santa Clara Cigar Co..

They are both rich and slightly spicy. I would say the H2000 Rosado wrapped naturals are a somewhat spicier than the Maduros.. I tend to like the Maduros just a bit more, and based upon the way Holt's has sold them most people like the Maduros better as well (the Maduro is only left in one size).

-Matt-

Well ,Matt, you have warped yet another young mind.

After not getting in on the Cupido Torpitos (well, I did get half a box). There was no way I was going to let these sell out before I got some. So, I buy them, untried, just trusting the opinions of the CS crew. 3 boxes worth of "some"

Got 1 of each:
Medalist (12/2000)
Puesta Del Sol (12/2000)
Habana Harvest (M) (12/2002)

I don't get the heavy ammonia smell, but I'm gonna follow your instuctions to let them be for a while. You haven't steered us wrong yet.

I just ordered a second box... first the Trinidads and now the Medalists. They are even a few dollars cheaper per box this week.

Man, you guys are killing me. Every other post I read on this board, I want to go out and make a purchase. But at $21 for a box of coronas (my favorite size), I think I actually have to give in this time.

txmatt said:

-Matt-

They told me -see quote- that this is all they are going to ever have, so you better get em while they last.

Back