The Basics of Cigar Tasting

Silhanek

Gorilla
Went to a Punch event at a local B&M and she gave me this little pack with 3 rolled leaves in it and the flyer that I scanned in. Each is from a different section of the plant and it describes the different tastes you get from each. I'm going to fire these up this weekend. It's an interesting read that I thought I'd share.

View attachment 9200
View attachment 9201

Cool deal. Hope that your taste buds are cooperating. I would like to try that out to see how if affects mine and the perceptions I have of the different leaves.

I've seen these 3 packs at the B&M near me, I may have to look closer at them next time...

I have another booklet she gave me with a couple more pictures. I'll try to scan some of that in.

These are not cigars, but just single leaves. She told me not to smoke more than just enough to sample the flavor. I'm not sure if she was giving these to everyone. My friend and I walked in and only 2-3 others were there with the shop owners back in the humidor. We chatted with her a few minutes and she explained construction of the Punch cigars and how they pick the leaves from the bottom up over several weeks. At that point she opened another box seperate from the freebies they were giving out and handed us these.

Dan(Mister MaDuroo) brought his to the Herf Card Judging Contest and shared with us. I thought it was an excellent idea, very educational. Thanks again Dan!

Back