the continuing saga of my damaged box of tats

fizguy

Lowland Gorilla
I posted the other day that when I opened the box of tatuaje red label torpedos half of them were damaged. CI has good customer service and immediately sent out 12 replacement sticks, which I received today. They were well packaged in bubble wrap and air pillows with humidification devices and looked quite good. The problem is they were not torpedos!

Part of me said, "meh, they are good sticks, just keep em," but the other part said, "these are pricey sticks and I better get exactly what I ordered." So they are again sending replacements, plus extras I think.

Phew, I didn't think it would be this hard! At least I always have that little anticipation of cigars in the mail.

That sucks but it's great that they're handling it for you. Hopefully they are letting you keep the 12 wrong sticks which would be a great little bonus. Now that you got it handled go relax with one of those beauties with your feet up. You deserve it!:tu

Mistakes happen, what matters is how they are resolved. Seems like they are handling it in the right way. Ive always had good luck with CI and CBID customer service, other then some poor packaging once in a while.

Mistakes happen, what matters is how they are resolved. Seems like they are handling it in the right way. Ive always had good luck with CI and CBID customer service, other then some poor packaging once in a while.

Exactly on target. And it looks like CI is stepping up as they always have. Good for them, and for us.

CI is good, they will make it right even though its a pain in a$$ for you. Hey murphys law...when things go bad, they go bad in threes!:hn

I am very happy to do business CI because I know if problems every do arise, I know I will be taken care of. This is just one of those things that reassure me.

GOOD JOB CI!

Hopefully they are letting you keep the 12 wrong sticks which would be a great little bonus.

No way. They said they will send me some extra but it won't be 12 tatuajes!

They are handling it well but it is still a little frustrating!

No mistake is ever convenient, and all are frustrating. The true mark of a company is what they do when something goes wrong. All you can ask is for them to fix their mistake, and anything else they send you is a bonus.

No way. They said they will send me some extra but it won't be 12 tatuajes!

They are handling it well but it is still a little frustrating!

I had a similar experience with CI. I ordered the Gurkha legendary Mega sampler. http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-GHASST11&cat=106
It was supposed to come with Legend Robustos but instead it had legend box pressed toros. I did not notice this as it was late in the evening after work when I opened them and I smoked one stick. They are so hard to draw that I think I detached my retinas!!!

I looked on their site and found that the box pressed toros were less money than the Robustos so I e-mailed them. The CSR I spoke with was somewhat indifferent and simply said the robustos were out of stock so they just substituted the toros.

I then said that they should have at least credited me for the difference and he said they would not do that. I mentioned their claimed satisfaction gaurantee and the person said that was true. He said I could mail them back for a refund but they would not refund my shipping. He then said that they had a very small number of the robustos and I could ship back the box pressed toros but I would have to pay shipping again on the robustos.

So, I could pay for return shipping on the toros and then pay for shipping on the robustos. Such a deal. :hn I decided to just keep them and chalk it up to experience. I always verify they have somthing in stock before ordering.

FYI, I also noticed that they are still advertising the same package deal with the Robustos even though they are out of stock and will substitute the box pressed without advising...:c

^^ I hope you talked to a manager, and then the manager's manager, etc. That's ridiculous, and borderline false advertising in my opinion.

:tpd::tpd:
I have always had good CS with CI and Cbid. With such a large vendor mistakes will happen. As others have saidits all about how they resolve them.

Had nothing but good support from CI while in Iraq, shipping has been excellent longest I waited for a box was 5 days.

My limited experiance in dealing with CI has been nothing but positive...
Several weeks ago I ordered a humidor and some loose sticks. I also received a free ashtray. The shipment arrived with one stick show blue 'fuzzy' stuff on it and the humidor's wood was oozing sap!
Called CI and was issued an RGA no questions asked. Got the replacement cigar the next day and they let me keep the ashtray for my inconvenience.

While not having the humidor was a royal PITA there customer service came through :)

Had nothing but good support from CI while in Iraq, shipping has been excellent longest I waited for a box was 5 days.

I will second CI's support in regards to Iraq. I have made a few orders now and have not had to wait more than 5 days as well.

Why is Pete selling to CI anyway? I thought he had a problem with some internet retailers undercutting the rest of his shops and generally diluting the brands value. I thought he had decided not to do business with CI or CBid.

:confused:

I did not notice this as it was late in the evening after work when I opened them and I smoked one stick. They are so hard to draw that I think I detached my retinas!!!

:r Excellent description of a tight draw. 'Detached retinas'.... hee hee hee

The end of the story:

The complimentary sticks were on backorder, that's why they didn't come with the replacement sticks. Since I already had 12 churchill sizes I told them I would just keep two of those and send the rest, plus the damaged torpedos back. Done and done.:tu

Back