The Ebb and Flow of Cigar Smoking

OtterAKL4987

Blathering Elite Wannabe
In the last three months or so I have smoked less and less cigars and have gone periods of weeks without smoking. For some reason it just didn't interest me as much. When I first started out of course I went in guns blazing. Now however, I just had my wisdom teeth removed and of course cannot smoke. I have had a change of heart. I am so excited and anxious to smoke a cigar now. I am looking at new 5 packs to buy and reading old reviews and generally spending more time on the forum. Funny how life is. Wondering if anyone else has these same ebbs and flows of their smoking ritual. Thanks for listening.

I smoke less in the winter because I don't smoke in the house but I think my interest is about the same. I post less in the winter tho because I can't smoke and post at the same time.

I go through the same ebb and flow - I call my winter and summer or stocking and smoking.

I think it is natural to go through periods of highs and lows. I like cigar smoking as it appears there is more to it then just simply smoking. There is collecting, comparing, and the culture which this site provides in spades.

Glad to hear your back in the swing of things though.

My interest is still there. However, the weather has been crappy lately. Therefore, it seems I have gotten into a collecting mood lately. I'll pull a stick out, and then put it back just knowing it will be worth waiting a few more months. I have decided to keep my cooler closed as much as possible, while keeping some old faithfuls in a desktop.

Enjoy that next smoke. :tu:ss

I have the up most confidence you'll be setting the pace for a long time to come. Thanks for all you do for this site.:ss

Very nice of you to say, but I get so much more out of the site than it gets from me. I truly love this place! :D

ot:
Very nice of you to say, but I get so much more out of the site than it gets from me. I truly love this place! :D

Being new to the site I'm not quite sure what your position is in the site but every time I see your name, I see that picture of you holding up those panties at a herf in my head. :dr

If your ring gauge is a display of your character, I look forward to getting to know you sir.:tu

bot: I get an itch every now and then to light up a cigar, but I pick one out, look at it, smell it, then I put it back. Every few days one lucky one makes it out the humi. Maybe I'm just anxious to try the A. Fuente that's supposed to be on it's way.. :D

Personally my favorite times to smoke are usually in the fall and spring, the winter is too damn cold to smoke outside lol.. i know I'm from California and it really doesn't get all that cold but still, my humidor is emptied during the fall and spring.

ot:

Being new to the site I'm not quite sure what your position is in the site but every time I see your name, I see that picture of you holding up those panties at a herf in my head. :dr

Those are anti-itch panties, given to me by the MoB. Frequently when things go awry here, my butt itches...and the MoB thought those might help. ;)

I look forward to getting to know you as well. :)

There is definitely an ebb and flow for me. Much like some of the other cold weather BOTL's have mentioned, I slow down in the winter. It's just difficult to grab a two hour Double Corona and go outside and enjoy it.

Now that Minnesota has basically eliminated all indoor smoking, it's hard to find anywhere you can smoke one.

Even in summer I tend to vary, a really nice weekend off in the 70's and i may smoke 3 in a 2 day span, 95+ and 80% RH outside and I MAY burn a shorty, I think as with anything, the balancing act is normal and no one should expect to be steady a X/day smokes...

I find that I do a lot of my winter smoking while out ice fishing whether in a shed or just out on the ice. I do smoke on my porch and deck hopefully daily. The one thing is that my selection is more limited in the cold weather. I only keep about 10 different varieties in my humidors and I select for the most durable smokes this time of year such as Gran Habanos#5, Fire Maduros ad RP Honduran Specials. These cigars will not split in 0 to 25% weather with humidity below 20%. CT and Cameroon wrappers will no matter how well you have kept your cigars. Just my :2. All of you gorillas have a great New Years and be careful tonight.

Back