The Edge by Rocky Patel

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
The Edge by Rocky Patel
Missile Maduro
5" x 48

It was a long day at work and I had a good dinner so I decided to kick back with something a little more robust with my usual coffee. I sat back in the garage (the deck was soaked from rain) and started the ritual. The wrapper was velvety to the touch and firm. It had a sweet tobacco scent to it that was very nice; for some reason it reminded me of camping trips. Toasted the foot with matches before snipping the end and starting to puff on it.

The first few puffs gave a medium-full toasty woodsy flavor. There wasn't much spice to begin with, just a tiny little bit in the finish. This was a nice introduction from the cigar, giving you an idea of how things will start.

A little under an inch the spice starts to pick up. I can taste it just as the smoke hits my tongue and in the finish. In between that there's a nice toasty nutty taste that's well balanced. No harshness or intense spice or any other flavor; it's fairly well balanced.

The spice continues to pick up more into the second third. There's that same toasty nutty flavor and a little bit of smokiness that reminds me of campfires. It's actually really pleasant and kept me wanting another puff.

The spice keeps building up more and more. It's a peppery spice that starts when you puff, gives way for the toasty, smokey, nutty profile, and picks up again in the finish. The cigar is never harsh, but definitely a more full bodied smoke.

I finally put it down at this point and went inside. It lasted me a total of an hour and a quarter and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm grabbing a fiver from the devil's site for a good price, and I'd suggest it to anyone else who likes a full bodied cigar with some kick. I liked how the spice built up rather than just slapping you across the face with a chainmail guantlet. It went pretty well with the coffee I made, and would probably have done better immediately after dinner rather than towards the end of the night.

The only thing I didn't like was I had to touch it up a couple times, though that might be due to it being closer to the humidity source in my humidor and the high humidity outside (80 percent). I'll write another review on the fiver when I get it in and see if it was just a fluke (probably was).

I haven't had one of these in a while. I may have to pick up a fiver soon. The Edge Corojo is even better IMO. If you haven't had one give them a shot.

The edge maduro is a really good smoke. Just picked up a 5 pk at a Rocky Patel event at one of the local b&ms. Will be getting a box soon!

The Edge Maduro is my favorite first smoke on Saturday evenings at home. Reliable, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, holds up well to the environment, and tastes really nice.

Good review!

Great review. Indeed these are nice smokes, a big contrast from the milder RP's such as the Vintage series.

Great review.
Was gifted one of these yesterday (7/9) by a co worker.
I believe I have or have had a couple in one of my Humi's also but have never gotten around to smoking one.
Must have taken it outta the bag a couple times to "admire" it.

Look forward to sitting back and enjoying it.

B:ss

I LOVE the edge corojo.... I need to try some maduros so off to cbid I go:D

Too bad my local BM doesnt carry rocky!

Nicely written review. I have always liked the RP brand and Missile is my favorite. Tried the Missile Lite last weekend and thought it a great choice for earlier in the day. :ss

This is one of my favorites for sure, one of the only RPs that strikes my fancy. Check out Holts for Edge off-color bundles on the cheap. I can't tell and difference between the first and seconds.

Back