The Gurkha Challenge

houdini

aNYthing
Hey Brothers...For those of you that dont know, SmokinApe was trying to set up a Gurkha Challenge found here:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146531&highlight=gurkha+challenge

Well, to make a long story short, Jeremy and I agreed to a challenge on a smaller scale. Jeremy sent me his favorite Gurkha, and I sent him a lil something as well. (0308 0070 00016008 6089 - usps) I publicly "hated on" Gurkha and Jeremy hoped to make me eat my words! Heres how it went:

Jeremy sent me 2 Gurkha Class Regent Nepalese Warriors.

Its a 6 x 52 box pressed smoke that looks to be well constructed. I couldnt wait to give this a whirl and wanted to give it a fair and impartial review so I went down to my neighborhood B&M and sat down to this:
gurkha.jpg

and this:
drsoda_1984_15151637

Heres how it went for this newbie:
I lit up using a torch, sat back and took my first couple pulls. I exhaled a voluminous amount of creamy white smoke which is something I really enjoy in a cigar. The pull was excellent and my initial thoughts were - So far so good. I smoked all the way to the Nepalese label and was pretty happy with it. I experienced some nutty and earthy flavors up to that point and couldnt wait to see what happened next. When I finally got up to the Gurkha label, it kicked in with a little taste of spiciness and pepper. When I removed the Gurkha label it started to peel, but that was probably my fault. I must say, those labels are glued on there to stay! They were tough to remove.

Conclusion: I liked it. I didnt nub it because the wrapper started unraveling/ peeling and it started to kick my ass towards the end but I was pretty happy with it. Im left unsure if I would buy one of these for further review so Im glad Jeremy sent me 2 of them.

It didnt blow me away but I did enjoy it so I do take it back Jeremy..I dont hate Gurkha! Thanks for the smokes...H
. :ss RG for you SmokinApe!

Last edited:
the "regent" is one of their lower-end smokes. If you liked it, try the Legend or some of the other stuff, they're not that much higher in price. You'll likely have to order the Legends, et al from the internet though because they're only made in small quantities.

Back