The Incredible Self Smoking Cigar

RGD

Elder Jungle Leader
Dona Flor Robusto in Mata Fina - won a box of these back around December or so. Having gone through over half the box - I have quite enjoyed them, smoking several per week.

IMG_0208.jpg

First thing to notice after lighting is that this thing is a smoke house. Almost does not need me - LOL Check out the pics of the it smoking at both ends.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Anyway - This is a Brazilian cigar, designed by Felix Menendez with special blend help by Arturo Toraño. I find them to be mild/full with some good spice throughout the smoke. I also love the smell of them. Pretty one dimensional as far as smokes go - stays the same throughout. Puffing a little too fast near the end resulted in a little bite on a few of them. Purging helped a lot. But each and everyone has been the same - no surprises.

I'd consider buying a box of them.

Ron

Thanks for the review
After going through a bunch of flor de bahia, also done by menendez, i've been looking at the other lines. looks great :dr

I won a box of Dona Flor Robustos back in December as well from the distributor. I've only smoked one and they need rest as it was HARSH. I've heard very good things though. I only have about 1/3 the box left though since I've given away the rest in bombs and PIF's.

I won a box of Dona Flor Robustos back in December as well from the distributor. I've only smoked one and they need rest as it was HARSH. I've heard very good things though. I only have about 1/3 the box left though since I've given away the rest in bombs and PIF's.

These were from the the contest that Ryan had. Don't know how long he had them hanging around - but they all seem to be smoking really good for me.

Ron

Nice review, excellent photo composition/balance/color, makes me want to light one up... oh yeah, I really like the "hook" (title).

Thanks for taking the time to enjoy a smoke with us.

Nice review, excellent photo composition/balance/color, makes me want to light one up... oh yeah, I really like the "hook" (title).

Thanks for taking the time to enjoy a smoke with us.

Thanks! New camera and all - still learning it. Been so use to using point and shoot for the past 10+ years - it's fun to have the control again.

Ron

Nice reviews and great pics. I like a cigar that puts out some decent smoke. What are you using for a camera? (My other too-expensive hobby).

GREAT pictures RGB! Good review too, but for some reason when there are pictures I miss all the words (strangely true for some magazines too...)

Great pictures Ron! I have tried several times to get the smoke to appear in my pictures. Since I smoke outside it may not be possible unless it is still (not very likely here).

Anyway, thanks for the review!

I like the Alonso Menendez a little better than the Dona Flor (both made by Cigars of Brazil). But like you I found that both produced tons of smoke and would almost smoke themselves. That Brazilian tobacco just brings something unique that I've not found in any other cigars.

Great review and pics.

Back