The official CS Support Group Thread.

stig

CS Death Bookie
So after reading some of the posts in the "CS 12 Step Program" thread and the "How much time do you spend on CS each day?" It became clear to me that there is a need here for support group for those of you who spend to much time here (Or your spouse thinks you do) or you find your self falling down that slope on a rocket sled instead of a gradual tumble. For anyone here who just can't stop visiting the Devil site and shipping your orders to your work address so that the signifigant other doesn't see how much you are buying and for those whose just need the moral support of someone else in the same situation I say the Doctor is in! So come one, come all and bring all of your conscerns and problems, we are here to help.

So who's first.

It was very recently suggested that I know way too much about what's going on with everyone @ CS and should partake in other hobbies as well. Drinking was suggested.
Does that mean I have a problem?

PS - how's the wedding prep going?

stormin said:
It was very recently suggested that I know way too much about what's going on with everyone @ CS and should partake in other hobbies as well. Drinking was suggested.
Does that mean I have a problem?

PS - how's the wedding prep going?

Drinking is another wonderful hobby and is one of those hobbies that you can also involve your spouse in. I would suggest starting of with some nice wines (A Merlot perhaps) as your wife will enjoy these as well and it will distract her from the cost of your cigar habit at the same time. When you are ready I would suggest moving up to nice whiskys or rums which your Mrs. might also enjoy and while she is busy planning where to put the new wine refrigerator you can be carefully planning how to turn that walk in closet into your own personal walk in humi. All this will take time that you would be spending finding out what others here on the boards are up to. You can then post pictures of the humi when done and show us that the bottom of the slope wasn't deep enough for you and you had to rent a backhoe to slide further down. Hope this helps.

Wedding plans are comming along nicely, just about everything is done now.

Wedding dress - done
Tuxedos - done
Grooms Kilt - done
Catering - done
Photographer - done
DJ - done
Florist - Done
Rehersal dinner - done
Special smokes for the weekend - done (Monte #2 ISOm the night before, Partagas limited reserve for the day of and a Gurkha Anniversario Perfecto for the day after.)

The only things we have left to get are the gifts for the wedding party. Life is good.

Hi all. My name is hoyohio and I have a problem. It all started rather innocently -- a cigar here and there -- mostly NCs.

Now I'm ordering boxes of cigars I haven't even tried. I have a spreadsheet for vendors. Anything square or rectangular looks like a humidor project. My right hand is developing carpal tunnel from repeatedly clicking New Posts. I decline meetings that are back to back because it does not provide ample time for me to check WTS. I know my postman by name. And he knows mine. I have recurring nightmares about [SIZE=-1]Lasioderma serricorne. I feel guilty when I smoke a cigar of which I have less than five. My acquisition list is more than my disposable income can support for the next financial quarter of paychecks. I read MRN nightly and can cite certain passages by heart. I have begun to shun other forms of entertainment and social interaction in favor of reading CS. And every night when I go to bed -- just before I drift off to sleep -- I think about what cigars I'm going to buy next.

Perhaps I need help...but I don't want it. :)
[/SIZE]

hoyohio said:
Hi all. My name is hoyohio and I have a problem. It all started rather innocently -- a cigar here and there -- mostly NCs.

Now I'm ordering boxes of cigars I haven't even tried. I have a spreadsheet for vendors. Anything square or rectangular looks like a humidor project. My right hand is developing carpal tunnel from repeatedly clicking New Posts. I decline meetings that are back to back because it does not provide ample time for me to check WTS. I know my postman by name. And he knows mine. I have recurring nightmares about [SIZE=-1]Lasioderma serricorne. I feel guilty when I smoke a cigar of which I have less than five. My acquisition list is more than my disposable income can support for the next financial quarter of paychecks. I read MRN nightly and can cite certain passages by heart. I have begun to shun other forms of entertainment and social interaction in favor of reading CS. And every night when I go to bed -- just before I drift off to sleep -- I think about what cigars I'm going to buy next.

Perhaps I need help...but I don't want it. :)
[/SIZE]

Don't fret it Mr. Hoyohio, there are many here that are in the same boat as yourself so don't despare. First it starts out with a few singles here and there and then you graduated to several 5 packs and a desk top humi and before you know it the humi projects don't even have to be sqare. I know what you are thinking, why bother with a desk top humi when I can get a nice big 500 count but why stop there? I can turn a cedar chest in a humi just as easy as having a disply or there is that closet idea or converting the garage, basement or attic but if I rent a storage unit I can store all of my pprecious stogies in a secure environment. At this stage you feel that all of your income is disposable and should go towards your next box purchase or humi project and then you start hiding the credit card receipts from the Mrs. Other forms of entertainment are not really needed if they don't include time for stogies.remember, it is okay to go to bed every night thinking about what stogies you will buy next but just don't forget to kiss them good night and tuck them in.:D

stig said:
So after reading some of the posts in the "CS 12 Step Program" thread and the "How much time do you spend on CS each day?" It became clear to me that there is a need here for support group for those of you who spend to much time here (Or your spouse thinks you do) or you find your self falling down that slope on a rocket sled instead of a gradual tumble. For anyone here who just can't stop visiting the Devil site and shipping your orders to your work address so that the signifigant other doesn't see how much you are buying and for those whose just need the moral support of someone else in the same situation I say the Doctor is in! So come one, come all and bring all of your conscerns and problems, we are here to help.

So who's first.

Here's some support for you buddy...... go light up a cigar and hop into chat ;)

There, I'll send my bill out tomorrow lol

XXX

stig said:
...and then you start hiding the credit card receipts from the Mrs.
Well there is no Mrs....and the other women in my life are mere moguls on the downhill...

hoyohio said:
Well there is no Mrs....and the other women in my life are mere moguls on the downhill...

I wish you'd get your problems fixed so you can stop trying to take me down with you. ;)

Here's one for ya Doc.

To finance my next order, I think to myself that 2 weeks of Mac and Cheese aint so bad. Heck, I did that in collage more times than I can remember.

I avoid driveing 2 mins out of my way so I can save that 3 tablespoons of gas.

And, I went from a 75 count desktop humi to converting an old fridge.

Is there no end? (sob, sniff)

Badkarma said:
Here's one for ya Doc.

To finance my next order, I think to myself that 2 weeks of Mac and Cheese aint so bad. Heck, I did that in collage more times than I can remember.

I avoid driveing 2 mins out of my way so I can save that 3 tablespoons of gas.

And, I went from a 75 count desktop humi to converting an old fridge.

Is there no end? (sob, sniff)

It would appear that you are now in the advanced stages of becomming a cigaraholic and the converting of a fridge is proof to support this argument. The next stage for you will converting a closet or and entire room which will lead to you finding a job closer to home and riding a bike to work. There is nothing wrong with mac and cheese for 2 weeks, many of us did that in college for longer than 2 weeks, but if this becomes a problem then I would suggest bumping down a bit to Ramen noodeles, you can usualy get a 12 pack for about $2.00 - $2.50. If all seems lost then I would suggest finding a local suport group in your area which would be under H.E.R.F. groups in the phone book. Find yourself a sponsor at one of these meetings and they may be able to give you the support that you need such as sharing the blue prints to their own walk in humi or how they converted an old van into a walk in lawn front humi.

Now relax, take a deep breath and go light up!

Hello my name is Richard and I am a Cuban Cigar addict !

Is this the correct thread ?

OMG ! There is no help for me and I like it that way.

I am taking Dustins advice and going to light up a good cigar ! :w

Dear Mr. Stig,

Lately I have become concerned about the size of my humidor. No one has ever complained. But when I see pictures of others' humidors, I feel inadequate. I mean, OMG, they are so big! I asked my girlfriend about it and she told me not to compare myself to others lest I become vain or bitter. Sage advice, but still it troubles me. She says mine is really big and that she would actually prefer it were a little smaller. She said that when she comes into the bedroom sometimes she just can't face it! But later I saw her snickering with her girlfriends.

What should I do?

Signed,

Count 150 Two Cooler

hoyohio said:
Dear Mr. Stig,

Lately I have become concerned about the size of my humidor. No one has ever complained. But when I see pictures of others' humidors, I feel inadequate. I mean, OMG, they are so big! I asked my girlfriend about it and she told me not to compare myself to others lest I become vain or bitter. Sage advice, but still it troubles me. She says mine is really big and that she would actually prefer it were a little smaller. She said that when she comes into the bedroom sometimes she just can't face it! But later I saw her snickering with her girlfriends.

What should I do?

Signed,

Count 150 Two Cooler

ahhhh...so you were the guy everyone was talking about in the lockerroom, always sneaking a peak at another mans humidor...you've got some serious issues my friend

azherfer said:
ahhhh...so you were the guy everyone was talking about in the lockerroom, always sneaking a peak at another mans humidor...you've got some serious issues my friend
Easy for you to say...you have a cabinet. And I have to make do with my paltry two coolerdors and glass top.

One cooler is scarlet and the other is grey. But I don't call either of them Woody...

RPB67 said:
Hello my name is Richard and I am a Cuban Cigar addict !

Is this the correct thread ?

OMG ! There is no help for me and I like it that way.

I am taking Dustins advice and going to light up a good cigar ! :w

That sounds like very good advice there Mr. RPB67, just make sure that youaren't smoking it near the customs office.

hoyohio said:
Dear Mr. Stig,

What should I do?

Signed,

Count 150 Two Cooler

As your humidor size grows so will the respect and admiration of your girlfriend. others may be bigger but what you have to ask yourself is if you are using yours to the best of your ability and if you have 2 then I would think that your girlfriend is only snikkering with her friends because you can have twice the fun.

Well, Doc Stig,

I just don't know what to do anymore....my wife won't talk to me anymore, my friends won't associate with me and I just need help! All I do is think, talk, and play with my cigars!!! It's gotten so that everywhere I go, all I look for is cigars. I start wondering who's smoking cigars and been asking strangers whether they smoke cigars or not and if they're with Club Stogie...

Well, now I'm starting to dream about cigars...last night, I dreamt I was desperate for a cigar and started looking for a cigar and finally, I found one and it was great....then I woke up when my wife started to hit me and found myself sucking on my wifes toes.......and I don't even have a foot fetish!!

What should I do????

I can't get this problem out of my head, can't figure out the answer and can't decide if it's worth a contest: "If a hen and a half smokes a cigar and half in a day and a half, then how many cigars will six hens smoke in seven days?" So that's my question. Which is it? Please help me get focused.

stig said:
Drinking is another wonderful hobby and is one of those hobbies that you can also involve your spouse in. I would suggest starting of with some nice wines (A Merlot perhaps) as your wife will enjoy these as well and it will distract her from the cost of your cigar habit at the same time. When you are ready I would suggest moving up to nice whiskys or rums which your Mrs. might also enjoy and while she is busy planning where to put the new wine refrigerator you can be carefully planning how to turn that walk in closet into your own personal walk in humi..

This is Class A advice. :r Very funny too.....had me in tears.

Back