The one that got away: 'RP Edge Missile Maduro' Edition

Mark THS

Herfing at 110°
As a few of you have noticed, I'm an outspoken whore for the Rocky Patel Edge's. One of my favorite, most reliable 'go to' smokes.

Tonight I grabbed a few smokes and headed to the Cigar Room for a smoke with my brother (Ryan35um). He's new to the Edge, so we flipped on the Tigers/Rangers game and I we lit up a couple RP Edge Missile Maduros.

After stick after stick of consistantly great smokes, the Edge finally let me down tonight. Both of our sticks were disappointing. I've generally had great burns, draws, and overall construction from the Edge, but both cigars tonight faltered in both all areas.

The burns were atrociously inconsistant and staggered, the draws started off great but quickly plugged and had to be given a poke after 10-15 minutes to "clear out" the draw. The last half of both of our cigars required a couple re-lights.

After so many great sticks, I was bound to hit a roadblock eventually, but two from the same box? :mad: They have been sitting at a steady 68%rh for 3-4 months and the others have smoked great, so I'm not sure what to chalk it up to. The cuts were decent, the pre-light draws felt pretty standard, and all pre-light indicators were seemingly A-OK. I'm a bit shocked that the first two poor Edge experiences came together at once.

I recently had a similar story. I snagged a box of missile maduros a while ago. I had pry smoked 4 or 5 out of the box and all had been awesome. The other day a few of my friends came over and I snagged a couple of these for us to smoke and both were big let downs. They both burned very inconsistent and rather harsh, much unlike all the others I had previously had. Maybe Rocky Patel has been throwing a couple of duds in every box just to keep us guessing, but hopefully this will be the last of em.

GO TIGERS!!!

I know it sucks and is unusual for an RP.The Tigers didn't help you out much either. Jeese.... 2 in a row and against the Rangers!! :mad: Jerry :ss

I haven't had a RP let me down yet. Just got a box of missile maduro from cbid on Monday. I opened the box pulled on out, lit it up and the burn and draw were perfect. In fact, based upon my limited experience, RP has the best construction across all lines and I really haven't found one I don't like.

Back