The Remington Cabinet Humidor?

jgros001

Alpha Silverback
Does anyone have one of these. I am a bit hesitant because the price is a bit low. Don't get me wrong, I love a good price, but I have been looking at prices for a while and this is cheaper than others in the same category. If someone has one of these and can vouch for the effectiveness (or non), I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help.

http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/humidors_s2/cigar-humidors/enlarged/vigilantienlarge.htm

vigilantclosed.jpg

Icehog, thanks for the reply. I am really set on the glass doors - it may become my new television - god knows it will cost more than my tv once filled. I do like the idea of more space - the search continues...

That site is great - I like the bidding without the auction.

I just received my humidor from CBID where they call it the Duke of Wellington. I think I paid $141 + $50 shipping. This is my first end table humi so to me it is really big but I can already see where getting a deeper unit might be a good thing.The Duke looks good and appears fairly sturdy but I would equate it to a Ikea piece of furniture vs. a real craftsman humi that start at $500 and up. I am leaning towards a Aristocrat in a perfect world but the Manassas is looking good too.
Seasoning the unit was fairly easy, I put a Cigar oasis plus in it and let it run for 24 hours, added my boxes of cigars and about a half pound of heartfelt 65% beads in a couple of different containers on the top shelf. It fluctuated alittle bit on day two after adding the cigars but it is currently stablized at 65% and holding. Its about 1/4 full right now but I am getting shipments of new cigars in everyday this week so I feel like I just bought some time.
I don't know if I answered your question about its effectivness, It holds cigars and it keeps the at a stabilized humidity, I guess its working.
If you have any further questions just ask.

Last edited:
I've been starting to look at stepping up to a cabinet also. So far I've succeeded in confusing the heck out of myself. I'm beginning to belive it might be better to wait and save for a higher end. Although the antietam or manassas looks awfully nice as well. Here's a good comparison page that gives some nice info -

http://morrisxp.cstcis.cti.depaul.edu/humidorguide.html

apologies, if this is old info

jgros001 said:
Icehog, thanks for the reply. I am really set on the glass doors - it may become my new television - god knows it will cost more than my tv once filled. I do like the idea of more space - the search continues...

That site is great - I like the bidding without the auction.
This one has an option for $40 extra, you can get the glass front too. The wood panel in the front pops out and you can put the glass in its place. Sounds like a good idea, my only concern with that would be the seal.

Good luck finding the right one. :w

Back