• Every couple of weeks

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Once a month

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I'm supposed to rotate my cigars????

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So time for another poll question. How often do you rotate your cigars in your humi? What is the basis for how often you rotate them? And how do you keep track of your rotation schedule?

Keep those answers coming!!

LasciviousXXX said:
So time for another poll question. How often do you rotate your cigars in your humi? What is the basis for how often you rotate them? And how do you keep track of your rotation schedule?

I rotate about once a month, usually when it is the end of a month or thhe nearest weekend, part of my humidor upkeep schedule...but when I remember so it is more like every 4-7weeks for rotation.

I agree generally there isn't much to rotate but the stock is building slowly. It would build quicker but my wife would kill me if I spent all of the money I would like to stock it properly.

LasciviousXXX said:

NEVER

My humidors and tupperdors are all so small, I doubt rotation would help much. Once I get a larger one, I may start. Eventually, I'll fit the Humi with an active humidification system like Cigar Oasis.

Goat Locker

never...i disturb them as little as possible...in the boxes...lids closed tight and nail still in...slide lids closed...etc etc...untill it is time to smoke.

derrek :)

I inadvertantly rotate them because I always have my sticky fingers in there..touching, feeling, smelling, drooling....mmmmmm..yeah bayby!! :p

dvickery said:
never...i disturb them as little as possible...in the boxes...lids closed tight and nail still in...slide lids closed...etc etc...untill it is time to smoke.

derrek :)

ditto

kinda hard to rotate over two thousand cigars.....so I just leave them alone. I also have an active humidification system.
But mainly I subscribe to the "low airflow" theory of ageing. Many boxes are stored in the humi in heavy ziplock plastic bags with the air expelled. These are not to be disturbed for many years. The cigars are mostly the recently discontinued smokes.

Last edited:
Never... like Bruce sed, its kinda hard to rotate large stock, im not trrying to brag im just being real :w

Thanks for all the responses, I guess I never really realized how large everyone's stock is. As mine continues to grow I think I will also use an active humidification system. Thanks for all the tips and advice

I use passive humidification (climaxx premier media beads) and still see no need to rotate. My coolerdor gets opened several times a week and that is enough IMHO. I also need to re-arrange it in there when I get new smokes, get bombed, etc, so I suppose they do get rotated without trying to do so.

Hell people can't agree whether or not to keep the cello on so I don't really think you are going to find an answer to this question that all "experts" can agree on.

Keep em cool, keep em moist and you will be fine! :w

-Matt-

Back