The Shirt Shop Cigars

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Just wanted to take out a little revenge on a store in Tuscaloosa called The Shirt Shop. That's right, remember the name. The Shirt Shop. Grimball found this place online because they supposedly are a n Opus X dealer and so after we left our nice, friendly local cigar shop, we walked just up the street about half a block to The Shirt Shop to see what they had. Well, we walk in and an attractive, nice young blonde askes if there is anything she do for us and we tell her we are looking for cigars. She then points us to the large cabinet humidor in the back of the store. We get up to the cabinet and the doors are standing wide open and boxes of cigars of all types are simply laying around in the open air! So we begin to rummage through and see what he has and I run across several boxes of Macanudo Vintage 1993's. Which are a faily expensive smoke. Upon opening the boxes, I found that these things were as dry as could be. It was a sad sight, there must have been $10,000 worth of cigars there, literally. Tons of Hoyo de Monterrey's, Punch's, A. Fuente's, Macanudo's, CAO's and Lord only knows what other jewels we didn't find...all just dying of dryness. I decided it was a moral imperative to at least attempt to rescue one of the boxes of Macanudo Vintage boxes. So I summoned the manager and he came over and asked us what we wanted and I told him, I would like to buy some of these boxes from him. But that since they were so dry that I didn't want to pay him the full price. Now, it's not like I was asking to get them for free, I just wanted a discount for the damage. I was very polite and civil and his response was something to the effect of," I know the door to the humidor is open but there is enough humidity in the air that even if I had the humidor working I wouldn't use it." At this, I knew I was speaking to not only an idiot, but a Cigar SNOB. He then started using short sentences and told us, "There is a cigar shop down the road (Our local freindly store) and you need to go there." I told the guy, we just came from there, I'm interested in these cigars here. He pointed out the window and said," the cigar shop is down there." I said, "So these aren't for sale?" and he replied , "No, these are collector's items." Which is why I suppose each box was carefully marked with prices for snigles and for the whole box. Because you know they aren't for sale, that is why he has the prices on them. So I simply smiled, he TOOK the box of cigars out of my hand and placed it in the complete open, didn't even bother to put it back in the cabinet where the poor souls would have at least a fighting chance and I walked out of his store. I wasn't so mad that the guy was a complete butthole to us because in life you run across people like him. I was more mad that he presumed that Justin and I were idiots when it comes to cigars (which is far from true) and also the fact that he showed his own ignorance by making a completely bogus statement about the humidity in his store being enough to satisfy the needs of such a collection of fine smokes, the fact that he obviously doesn't adhere to trying to please the customers in his store and lastly, the fact that he was bold enough to assume that nothing would come of it. Well, I tell you friends, do NOT try to buy anything from The Shirt Shop. Because it is an enviornment which is not customer freindly and is deserving of nothing less than a backruptcy in my opinion. Except that cute blonde girl can come over whenever she wants. Seriously though, I don't know if there is a website but I'm going to look and the guy will be getting an email at the least, perhaps a second visit, this time with the intention of giving the guy a piece of my mind. If you have the time and the will power, I would encourage you to write an email as well and just tell the guy that you don't appreciate him putting down on a couple of your BOTL's.

Yup this guy wasnt just the manager, he was the owner. These cigars were so badly dehumidifed that if I lit one the whole cigar would have burned in five seconds. It was a sad sight! This guy had about 20 boxes of all different sizes of Macanudo Vintage 1993's. He was a complete jerk to me and ninja, treated us like we were some idoits! I beat my life that if we were some rich frat boys looking for some "expensive" smokes he would have sold us one of those dried out Macanudos.
:c :c :c

Atleast they had the nice young blonde to help yah. Maybe he thought she could get the customers mind off of the quality of his cigars,and the decrepit way he keeps them.

Blonde for good service in a cigar shop? Ill take the good service and go to a strip joint for the blonde.

Break in at night and steal the cigars. If you get caught just use the excuse that you were trying to save the lives of hundreds of innocent cigars! Hopefully the judge will be sympathetic.

Back