The Stupid Cigar Oasis Question of the day.

The Bruce

ChestBeater
Ok ready for this? It's a doozy.

The Cigar Oasis comes from the factory set to about 70 % humidity.

Right?

So if I press the "up" button the number displayed has no correlation to the percent humidity? Or is that the set point? If it is the set point then it seems to me that the Cigar Oasis comes from the factory set a 40 % humidity.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

The Bruce

The up and down button are how you change the set humidity. The "sun" button displays actual humidity (a couple minutes before you press the button).

SUOrangeGuy said:
The up and down button are how you change the set humidity. The "sun" button displays actual humidity (a couple minutes before you press the button).

So the number displayed when the up is pressed is not the humidity set point.

Thanks!

The Bruce

If you don't make any adjustments (by pressing up or down) the unit is set at the factory for approximately 70%RH. If you wish to change it, press the up or down till it displays the level you want the CO to maintain. This will be your "new set point". It will cycle on and off to maintain that level. Hope that is what you needed...

Ok, so I may have a problem.

I recently refilled the water cartidge with distilled water.

When I turn it over no water comes out, but I recall someone mentioning having too much water in the cartridge hoses things up.

My problem is that the CO freezes up after the humidity gets up over 83 %. I don't want it there, but I may have messed with the buttons too much. Now I set it low and it doesn't kick on at all and my Hygrometer is telling me it's 62 % and the CO agress within 2 or 3 points.

When my CO is plugged in the display reads "C 16" do you all get that? Does anyone know what the other codes mean?

-- Just called CO, they said the C 16 is normal, it's the program number that is running. --

Thanks!

The Bruce

Last edited:
You can reset the "brains" of the CO if you press the up and down buttons for 15 seconds the screen should go blank then you can use the up or down buttons to reset the humidity to 70. Let the CO sit for a while. Then adjust the set humidity up or down to your preference.

Back