The Taboo HSG... yummy!

CigarMonkel

Alpha Silverback
Another one!? He's on a rampage!!! no... i'm just a whore taking advantage of great weather in michigan for once! (well great considering the last few weeks have been complete arse!)

This cigar from appearance looked very oily and felt firm between the finger tips. The wrapper wasn't the most pretty wrapper i have seen but DEFINITELY not the worst either. I was once again shocked (no offense taboo!) at the overall quality of this cigar! it had a nicely done cap on the end with smooth lines from the rolling and no huge veins. No complaints so far gang!

Picture033-640.jpg

I had a friend over to share a cigar with me. He brought one of his favorites (dont remember what type, never seen em or heard of them but they sell them at the B&M for about 5 bucks a pop.)

The set up:
Picture026-640.jpg

We had our chess board ready to go with our coffee's for refreshments! (and no... i don't take cream in mine! :D)

Picture027-640.jpg

The prelight draw/cut: The first thing i noticed was the draw. The Edge had a stiff draw to it and switching to this cigar was like falling on a mattress made of the softest pillows man can make. It was so nice, that i did a 2nd take... and a 3rd! i tasted hints of pepper and spice?

Onto the smoking!
Picture028-640.jpg

as you can see im not in too good of shape in the chess match... but its ok cause the cigar made me more then happy. The first 1/3 of this cigar burnt really well, nice and even and the draw was flawless. Perfect in my eyes infact. It was more mild and mellow then i was expecting with hints of pepper and some undertones i can't put my finger on. The ash though was a funny color... wasn't sure what to make of it. I've seen ash this color before but only on CC's, but even then... not this dark :confused:. The smoke wasn't too heavy but not too thing either. It made it look like you were drawing just the right amount out and if you were inside you would be able to blow O's all day long with this stuff. None the less i could careless at the moment. Between a NICE cigar, a game of chess and a good friend... nothing could make me more happy. Ok i lied maybe if a box of these puppies fell in my lap :r but you get the point.

Picture029-640.jpg

almost at the half way point in the cigar it started to get an uneven burn. To be honest i didn't even notice untill i realized the ash was still on this thing but i figured it would fix itself in time. The burn was still perfect and the taste was still the same. A faint hint of pepper but enough for my noob pallet to recognize it and some other tastes i couldn't pick out.

After the half way point the burn got even worse. I blame the wind on this though. The wind had picked up a little bit and seemed to have made the cigar start to burn faster on one side then the other. I whipped out mr lotus and problem solved.

Picture030-640.jpg

The cherry started to tunnel its way into the cigar and became more bitter, a quick purge is what the doc recommended. Worked like a charm! a few minutes later it was back to normal with great tastes. By now i thought i was tasting undertones of something nutty with hints of pepper on top of it. Either way my taste buds were in heaven! I ended up losing the chess match but put up a good fight against my buddy. We both nub'd the cigars and went inside to and grabbed some food.

Appearance: 8.5/10
Taste: 8/10
Draw: 9/10
Burn: 6/10 (only cause of that dang wind!)
Smoke: 8/10

Thanks for looking and thank you Taboo for another GREAT cigar!

Another great review. I believe these have the classic Honduran flavor that many other Honduran cigars aspire to. This blend is on my top 10 list after having just one.

MCS

Great review. I just got some of these from Rob at Taboo in the mail today. They look great and can't wait to try one. Since I have yet to have one of these, this review was just a big tease. Thanks.

Great review. I just got some of these from Rob at Taboo in the mail today. They look great and can't wait to try one. Since I have yet to have one of these, this review was just a big tease. Thanks.

they really are great cigars! When i get some more spendable money these are definitely on the need to get list! Great buy you won't be disappointed with them!

Nice review again :tu

I figured it out, if I just post right after everyone of yours I can keep pace. :r

True poor college kid, can't even drink coffee in a mug? Has to drink out of a pint glass, likely stolen from a bar. :D

Nice review again :tu

I figured it out, if I just post right after everyone of yours I can keep pace. :r

True poor college kid, can't even drink coffee in a mug? Has to drink out of a pint glass, likely stolen from a bar. :D

:r:r:r i think you've got it about right! Just play follow the leader! Actually... all the coffee mugs where dirty and the ones that weren't are too small for when i smoke cigars... i like LOTS of coffee :).

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Sorry about your chess game. I assume you lost? I am sending you some coffee mugs. pm me your shipping address and the mugs are on the way. You're gonna love em'!

I strongly recommend this cigar (Taboo HSG) to anyone that smokes a mild cigar. You should get more flavor out of this mild stick than most any other mild one out there.

The SPC Forces BC are for the med. smoker and the SPC Forces Original are a very nice full body. I believe the Torpedo are the stronger size....... I'm a little dizzy right now. ha! Remember these cigars just came in and were only rolled two weeks ago. I urge you guys to let them age a little. They will be much better around the middle of April.

Thanks for all the Taboo support
Rob

Excellent cigar:tu Had about 5 so far and never tasted any pepper though. Chock full 'o nutty flavor. :dr

Another great review! :tu After another good review on these cigars I just might have to pick up a sampler to try them out.

Back