The Weekly Ninja Contest

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Well, this contest rolls around again, except it's a day late this time. I usually try to run one on Friday but since there were already several going on last night I decided to postpone it until today. JGRIMBALL is excluded from competition as usual since we live so close, we want to avoid anyone thinking we are giving each other hints and stuff. There will be only ONE winner this time. Here's the question:

I'm really into backpacking and camping and all, I went on a 2 week trip to the US-Canadian boundry waters about a year ago where I did alot of canoeing and fishing. My tent got destroyed however during a strong storm on the last night of the trip. I'm looking at buying a new tent right now before I go on my trips this summer...

What tent am I looking at?

I want the Name brand and the exact model name.

Do a little research, and you'll be sure to run across it. Posting a reply with more then 3 guesses gets you disqualified. Posting more than 4 posts per hour with 3 guesses gets you disqualified.

Hints will follow for your assistance. Thanks for playing!

From Patagonia Outfitters:
Mountain Hardwear: Airjet 2 Tent
Mountain Hardwear: Hammerhead 2 Tent
Exped: Orion Extreme Tent

I took my 16 year old son on a week long canoe trip out of Ely a couple of years ago. Had a great time, looking forward to returning some day!

First hint: It's not Mountain Hardwear. The brand has been mentioned. You need to get the right model now. You can all guess again.

Last edited:
Ok, last hint: Shaggy is the closet one right now, but he still doesn't have the right model. Now it's jsut a matter of who's the fastest at looking up North Face Tents online.

Remember, only 3 guesses per post.

The North Face Petrel 23 Tent
The North Face 2 Meter Dome Tent
The North Face Trailhead 6 Tent

Last edited:
Ok, jokieman. How did you win another one of my contests? lol Cause you did! Congratulations. I think I need your addy again, I don't know what happened to it from the last time I had it. Goose actually put down the correct answer (The North Face VE-25) but as I was typing that he won, he edited his answer and changed it to something else. If he'll send me his addy as well, I will give him a small, less cool prize. : ) Just kidding, it'll be nice, I promise. Congrats jokieman.

Back