The wonder that is Cigarbid?

megasolo

ChestBeater
After reading about Cigarbid.com on this site, I decided to try it out. Is this site to good to be true or did I get lucky. After my first day of checking out auctions I landed 3 winning bids...

5pk Gurkha Legend Robusto - $21.00
5pk Perdomo 2 Milenario Maduro - $13.00
5pk Puros Indios Rothschild - $9.00

15 cigars for $43.00. The Puros Indios, wasn't that great of win, a little under $2 a stick. not sure why I put a bid on those, I find the cigar to be just ok. The Perdomo 2 I've never had, but I have had the Perdomo Reserve Maduro and I found them to be quite tasty, and they say the Perdomo 2 is an extension of those. At $2.60 a stick I think thats a great deal, however the taste will tell the truth of that. The Gurkha's I thought was a great steal at $4.20 a stick. I've seen these retail for $17.99 EACH. I've always wanted to try these but could never part with the cash. I hope there as good as i've imagined them to be.

So what do you think, was I lucky or is it always that way at cigarbid.com...or is this too good to be true, are my cigars going to come all torn and dried out!

Thanks in advance for your response...very curious to see what everyone else thinks.

I personally don't like the P2s. The are beautiful looking but don't have enough flavor IMO. The Gurka and Puros Indios sticks are nice cigars.. You got some good prices to be sure.

Be careful on cigarbid.com; its the devil! :)

Matt

Ok I think i've made a big error. :c the 5pk Gurkha which I assumed was the Legend series. however now i'm not sure.

Gurkha Robusto - 5-Pack
Gurkha is a dynamite, top-of-the-line Dominican. Gurkha cigars are hand-rolled from the finest tobaccos grown in the Cibao Valley of the Dominican Republic. The premium Connecticut shade wrapper imparts a rich, creamy flavor with a hint of spice and pleasant, light finish.

List price: $12.00 - $15.00 per cigar
Category: QUICK-IES
Cigar Size: 6.0" x 50 ring

so i have no idea what kind of Gurkha's i've purchased.

I find the Gurkha line to be a little confusing. It is hard to keep them all straight.

Prepare to expand your humidor capacity though, cause it is real. The bidders actually price the market on C-bid. Watch out for over bidders & be careful. Overall, be patient. If there is a cigar you haven't tried & had not wanted to buy a box to try them, here's your chance with the 5 packs.

On the other hand, stay away from C-bid! IT IS EVIL! Repeat after me. No C-bid. No C-bid. No C-bid. :fu

If you're patient and keep an eye out, you can find some good deals on cigarbid. But generally speaking, it's riddled with people overpaying for their cigars. But it is nice when you find more than one thing so you can cut down on your shipping.

sweet thanks for the posts. I will for sure enjoy the cigars when the come, and I think I have a new understanding for the site. and I will so enjoy my cigars when they come. :w

no c-bid, no c-bid, no c-bid, not that i know what the *$#@ that is.

Back