Things I learned this weekend from Pete Johnson

Spect

Gorilla
I’m basically stocking Pete this weekend, Tyler wanted to go Friday, my wife wanted to go Saturday and he’s going to be a my local B&M this morning (also Saturday). For most people this won’t be news but I hope it is to someone.

Here’s the scoop so far:

Cabiguan will be coming out in a Connecticut Broadleaf maduro

It will only be available to the top 10 retailers of REGULAR Cabiguan’s. The list will update regularly so shops will move on and off the list and yes, on-line retailers will have access to these. This is a slightly different blend than the normal Cabiguan. Pete said during the creation process he felt like the maduro made the cigar a bit too punchy and want to pull it back a little to get back to the essence of Cabiguan

La Riqueza

Pete’s new line will be out in a month or so. Tyler was lucky enough to try one yesterday, he loved it so much he nubbed the hell out of it. If he had a shrimp fork or a roach clip, I’m sure he would have smoked it until there was ash in his mouth. This is another Connecticut broadleaf maduro. Tyler described it as being on the fuller end of medium but not yet a Med-Full. From the couple puffs I was offered I could tell the stick was at least medium. There is no ligero in this cigar, Pete outright said he’s done playing the strength game and it was “so 5 years ago”; now he’s working more for complexity.

Tatuaje black’s

The Jars just passed customs and the cigars are being held up slightly, Pete will be hand packing the blacks into their jars sometime soon. I got the impression it would also be a small initial release until the customs issues are smoothed out. At this point I don’t think anyone can give a firm release date, but I’m guessing we’ll see them in early May.

Last edited:
La Riqueza

Pete’s new line will be out in a month or so. Tyler was lucky enough to try one yesterday, he loved it so much he nubbed the hell out of it. If he had a shrimp fork or a roach clip, I’m sure he would have smoked it until there was ash in his mouth. This is another Connecticut broadleaf maduro. Tyler described it as being on the fuller end of medium but not yet a Med-Full. From the couple puffs I was offered I could tell the stick was at least medium. There is no ligero in this cigar, Pete outright said he’s done playing the strength game and it was “so 5 years ago”; now he’s working more for complexity.

You are KILLING ME!

Any word on sizes?

This Tat fan doesn't care for maduros too much and loves ligero so these, frankly, sound boring. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
"From the couple puffs I was offered I could tell the stick was at least medium. There is no ligero in this cigar, Pete outright said he’s done playing the strength game and it was “so 5 years ago”; now he’s working more for complexity."

"so 5 years ago" Is Paris Hilton his publicist? Isn't that cute. Keep trying to add complexity to full bodied cigars. That is what brought you to the show. Oh well, it does not bother me. If I don't like them, I wont buy them (like the Cabiguan's).

This is good news for me. I like complexity and don't like getting kicked in the @$$ by a cigar. I do love my Cabaigauns! :ss Looking forward to these coming out.

Great post, I'm a bit envious! I can't wait to try La Riqueza, as I anticipate something along the lines of the J21 I love so much.

Great post, I'm a bit envious! I can't wait to try La Riqueza, as I anticipate something along the lines of the J21 I love so much.

The J21 and the La Riqueza are going to be very different, ligero wrapper vs. a Connecticut maduro.

BagfullofPings said:
"so 5 years ago" Is Paris Hilton his publicist? Isn't that cute. Keep trying to add complexity to full bodied cigars. That is what brought you to the show. Oh well, it does not bother me. If I don't like them, I wont buy them (like the Cabiguan's).

****JOKE WARNING*****He tried to get her as his PR manager, but she was too busy partying. ****JOKE WARNING*****

I can't speak to Pete's intentions, but at the time I took it as a tongue-in-cheek comment. No one wants to be a one trick Pony.

There is a Pete Johnson interview on the latest episode of the Dogwatch show -http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com he gives a bit of info on the new La Riqueza line

You are KILLING ME!

Any word on sizes?

No.1 - 6 1/2 x 42 (lonsdale or cervantes)
No.2 - 5 1/2 x 52 (belicoso fino)
No.3 - 5 5/8 x 46 (corona gorda)
No.4 - 5 x 48 (robusto or hermoso)
No.5 - 4 3/8 x 42 (petit corona or minuto)

Back