This made my day!

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
A couple of months ago, I was able to offer another LLG, Stogie59, a bit of advice on places to visit when in the Bayou City. After he got back from his trip, he was kind enough to let me know that he'd left a gift certificate for me at one of the B&Ms I'd recommended to him, The Briar Shop.

Well, I guess I don't get over to that part of town often enough because I only just managed to drop by the Briar Shop today. The assistant remembered the gift certificate well and even remembered that it was for "Corona Gigante." I opened it up and it was for $30!!--way more than I had expected.

I noticed that there was a couple of boxes of Opus X behind the counter, Perfecxion 4 and Power Rangers. "One per customer," the sign said. The assistant must have noticed me eyeing them and asked me if I wanted one of each. Well, I still have a couple of each of these sticks left from last year, so on spec I decided to ask, "I suppose you’re all out of the Super Belis?"

"Oh no," she replied, "I haven't opened the box yet."

She disappeared into the store room and came back out with an unopened box of Super Belis, opened it up, and let me have two.

Yesterday I missed out on the Super Belis when I was a day late at my regular B&M, but now I have two, thanks to the generosity of Stogie59 and the friendliness and excellence of customer service to be found at the Briar Shop.

This really made my day!

That was nice of him.

I guess you just had a great day and a nice score as well.

Wow, that's really great! You be nice to people, and look what you get! Some of the finest cigars known to man!

You know what I love about this board?

Everyone is awesome and very thoughtful. I received my first bomb the other day and I was like a kid in a candy store!

Wow, those are some beautiful smokes! I agree, this place is great, I have been involved in many online communities, and this one takes the cake!

Congrats man! FYI - I missed the Super Belis at Mccoy's too, wish I would have read your post a little earlier!

TB

Back