Tiki Hut letter for 11/20/07 !!!!

68TriShield

no..not THAT Dave!
David:

The weather is beginning to get cool at night and in the AM, warming up during the day. The smog here in Kabul is unbelievable, sometimes obsuring the end of the base only a few hunbdred meters away. It makes a "bad day" in L.A. look good.

The Coolidor is beginning to run low, as a result of more opportunities to send cigars "Down Range". As the Coolidor runs lower, the priority goes to FOBs down range as we have access to cigars through local convoys. Inconvenient and not without hassels, but doable.

The Acids that came in the sampler tins last time were a big hit and I have had requests for more. Please thank the Clubstogie members for their efforts and contributions on our behalf. Please reassure the Veteran's among your membership that this is not a secret HQs thing, but something that we make known to all our soldiers coming to Phoenix and that I and the other cigar smokers here actively solicit emmissaries to "spread the wealth" to the forward FOBs.

Thank you as always,

SFC Tom Vose
"Keeper of the Coolidor"

Fellow gorillas,I have a full cooler plus so I can get a box to them ASAP,which I will.
With x-mas coming I'm hoping we can rally our CS troops to send papajohn,Mr.Maduro or me sticks you know you will never smoke or any comfort items for that matter.
For all of you that have cigars in the supply line coming our way,thank you!
You should be very very proud of what you are doing.I am proud and honored to call you my friends :)

I feel proud to have contributed in some small way. Would it be out of line to ask for some more pics of the troops downrange enjoying a smoke or two? That would make me even more proud. I would like to put some happy herfin faces with the sense of pride. I know a lot of our guys don't have computer access very often, but every time I see those pics it makes me glad I sent something from home that allowed them to relax and enjoy a cigar.

I will bring stuff by the first of the month. I just can't till then but want to send stuff to my bothers & sisters over the pond. I will PM on the 1st.

Ive got a pretty good sized shipment that Ill send to Patrick when I get home. Probably send out friday or saturday this week.

Dave when you say comfort items, what do you mean? I usually just send cigars, is there other small things I could get to put in the package as well.

I know I know, use the damn search. Ive seen it somewhere, but I dont feel like looking for it right now :D

Ive got a pretty good sized shipment that Ill send to Patrick when I get home. Probably send out friday or saturday this week.

Dave when you say comfort items, what do you mean? I usually just send cigars, is there other small things I could get to put in the package as well.

I know I know, use the damn search. Ive seen it somewhere, but I dont feel like looking for it right now :D

Pre-sweetened Kool Aid-granola bars-micro popcorn-personal sanitary wipes-music CDs etc etc...

Just about anything you like to have on hand at home(the Kool Aid is for all the water they have to drink)

Back