Toast Across America 2005 Figurados

hk3

Alpha Buttcrack
Today was a nice day outside so Mark (borndead1) came over to sit on my porch and burn a few sticks. I picked up these TAA 2005's from a member here on CS.
We did a puff and pass to compare the two sticks. Both had great construction and showed excellent craftmanship in their caps and feet.
I started off with the DCM and Mark with the Opus. The Opus & DCM were wonderful from begining to end.
Picture2011.jpg

The DCM had this wicked nose exhale. It was the same as eating horse radish sauce- a firey hell in your sinuses and I loved it! It was not the burn in your nostrals like you get from sticks that are too young. I nose exhaled every puff and eventually I think I burned all of my nose hairs out. :D The Opus for me was a bit milder through the nose. About halfway through the DCM got really spicy on my tongue. I was kind of curious if these two sticks had the same filler and only have different wrappers? The Opus was very smooth and the DCM was very up in your face.
Both had pure white flaky ashes.
(DCM)
Picture2012.jpg

(OPUS)
Picture2013.jpg

In the end these were both fantastic sticks. If I could buy a full box of each, I would do my best to afford it. If you ever get the chance to try one of these, I highly recommend trying them. :tu:tu

Mark, if you read this give a little input on your experience if you would.

First, I wanna thank Hal for giving me the chance to smoke these once in a lifetime cigars. :tu

I pretty much agree with Hal's comments. The Opus was way milder than I imagined it would be, but still lots of flavor. Mostly wood and cinnamon, with a little fruitiness that came and went after the halfway point.

The DCM...man that thing brought tears to my eyes when exhaled through the nose. It was indeed like eating horseradish. At first it was VERY woody, slowly gaining a more Maduro flavor as it burned down.

On a side note, he didn't mention the Partagas culebra AND the Cohiba Siglo VI he smacked me with BEFORE we smoked the Opus and DCM.

Probably the best "cigar day" I've ever had...a thousand thanks, Hal. :D

First, I wanna thank Hal for giving me the chance to smoke these once in a lifetime cigars. :tu

I pretty much agree with Hal's comments. The Opus was way milder than I imagined it would be, but still lots of flavor. Mostly wood and cinnamon, with a little fruitiness that came and went after the halfway point.

The DCM...man that thing brought tears to my eyes when exhaled through the nose. It was indeed like eating horseradish. At first it was VERY woody, slowly gaining a more Maduro flavor as it burned down.

On a side note, he didn't mention the Partagas culebra AND the Cohiba Siglo VI he smacked me with BEFORE we smoked the Opus and DCM.

Probably the best "cigar day" I've ever had...a thousand thanks, Hal. :D

Glad you enjoyed them! I was wondering if maybe we missed a lot of the subtle flavors in those two NC's by smoking the other sticks before them?
I guess we will never know..........

Fuente issues a TAA set each year, with the proceeds going to their family charity for children and families in the DR.

The only way to get them is to attend local, Fuente-sponsored events and purchase them there...I believe they're up to $100 a pair now. Or attend the LV Big Smoke, they sell them there as well.

Fuente issues a TAA set each year, with the proceeds going to their family charity for children and families in the DR.

The only way to get them is to attend local, Fuente-sponsored events and purchase them there...I believe they're up to $100 a pair now. Or attend the LV Big Smoke, they sell them there as well.

I believe I purchased these from you. I hope you had the chance to try a set of these for yourself as they were excellent smokes. :tu

Back