Todays letter 11/7/07 from our troops...

68TriShield

no..not THAT Dave!
Dave and all at Club Stogie...
I or shall I say we, really do appreciate what you are doing, I don't know how we can repay you, that was one hell of a care package. What can I do in return, I feel guilty getting such an extravagent package. Things are fairly stable here for now, we had some rocket and mortor attacks recently, no one hit this time. Because they have to set up quickly, they more often than not are unsuccessful in targeting a specific location. This is my third time here, I'm a National Guardsman out of California, I was first here in 03 for OIF 1 and I gotta tell ya, it's not any more pretty here this time. Anyway, thanks again and let me know if there is anything I can do for you, it really has made a difference in the quality of life for my troops to be able to enjoy cigars.
Thanks again,

Kevin(Lucky)

Hey there. In my opinion the only thing you need to do to repay us is come home safely. That is all we ask. We are here to make your time more bearable there. I hope that when I am called to go that I will have the same fortune to have as many friends when I am there. I am in the MD guard. Stay safe brother.

John

Hey there. In my opinion the only thing you need to do to repay us is come home safely. That is all we ask. We are here to make your time more bearable there. I hope that when I am called to go that I will have the same fortune to have as many friends when I am there. I am in the MD guard. Stay safe brother.

John

Coming home safely is all we could ask for!!!

And Thank You John for keeping us safe

Ron

Great update Dave. Thanks.

To Kevin (and those sereving with you)......This thing is almost over. Stay safe. And thanks for donationg a portion of your life to allow us the continued enjoyment of our freedoms making us the greatest nation on the planet!

That's awesome!!!

First I want to say thank you for your service to our country to the trooper who sent that and thank you to this online community for doing such a wonderful thing for our guys and girls over there!!!

Class act you all are!

Thanks for sharing Dave.

That letter is refreshing and should be a reminder that our "daily grind" is immaterial to the day to day in the Sandbox.

His selflessness is noteworthy as well. What can he do? We aren't doing enough for him and others like him IMHO.

Rob

Thanks for the letter, Dave. Its amazing how these guys feel the actually owe us something! They have done more for us than we could ever hope to do for them. Coming home safely is all we can ask. Then each and everyone of them can have the pleasure of smoking a good cigar in their own home as we all do. :ss

Always great to get a letter from one of our soldiers...hope they are getting some R&R with the Jungle sticks. :tu

Back