Today's Smoke 8/9/2007

txmatt

Still Smitty's biotch!
Notice the title change; many of us can't smoke at night! :tg

I started the morning with an Oneoff Mareva (5 x 42). Flavor was great but I fought the draw. I am thinking these will need to be dry boxed to get them down to 62% or so. Will try that with the next one.

What have you smoked today?

It's morning in L.A., sunny and clear. This afternoon I'm having an Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Churchill. Have had it about 6 weeks in the humi, and it is dry-boxed as we speak. Oh, I can't wait to fire her up!!!

To make the day really perfect, there's a box of Ashton Cabinet #3's being delivered today, UPS. Could it get any better????? Larry.:tu

I will be smoking an Anejo#49 tonight. It is nearing its 8 month duration in my humi. I think it is time, as I have one more and a Shark77 that can age for longer.

I will be smoking an Anejo#49 tonight. It is nearing its 8 month duration in my humi. I think it is time, as I have one more and a Shark77 that can age for longer.

Mr. Puffer Im expecting a full review on your #49:D...I too have one sitting in the humi that im dying to try. I will be my 1st Anejo.

Other than that I plan on putting some fire to a Gran Habano #5 robusto in about 2 hours. :ss

Cohiba Black Pequenos and CAO Brazilia

Yummy!!

Well, I am the victim of poor planning. In Ontario, CA and I ususally only pack my main smokes with me. I would have loved to enjoyed one of my more rare smokes to celebrate...................wait for it...........what else, THE COLTS FIRST PRE-SEASON GAME!!!!

Yes, I have a problem.

After a look in the Otterbox I will have to suffer through a SP DM or a RP Edge or more likely both.

It is too hot here right now, but after the sun goes down I plan on having a HdM Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight II.

A.Fuente esquisitido maduro (first time) on the way home from Indy..... Excellent smoke... the A/C in the car was so enjoyable too as I have to smoke outside at the house and it is difficult to 'rate' in 100 degree heat.

Acid Nasty (first time) once home in the 100 degree heat.,, not bad... had to relight a few times but suprisingly consistent all the way to my fingers. Strong aroma but not flavored taste... tip not sweet like other Acids.

As you can see there is alot of 'first time' smokes for me as I have just begun the journey.....

Well, I tried to smoke that free Montecristo from the link I found on here about a month or two ago. I got about 1/3 of the way through and couldn't smoke anymore. It was just nasty. Bitter and sour. Put it down and came back to think about another one, but got distracted with packing for my vacation. Might have time in a little to light up a different smoke...

Well, I tried to smoke that free Montecristo from the link I found on here about a month or two ago. I got about 1/3 of the way through and couldn't smoke anymore. It was just nasty. Bitter and sour. Put it down and came back to think about another one, but got distracted with packing for my vacation. Might have time in a little to light up a different smoke...

Interesting. The Montecristo I got towards the end of last year from a similar offer was just wonderful. Of course, it had been resting for about 8 months before I smoked it.

Think you got a dud. Hope that's all it was, and mine wasn't the rare exception. :)

Not sure for tonight's smoke for me -- if I even smoke one. I'll be playing volleyball until around 11pm after work, and then I'll still have to eat and shower and all that. I'll be sure to post if I have one.

Just lit a Camacho SLR Corona. I see in my notes that I've had just one of these, about a year ago. That one was very tight and the wrapper fell apart. On tonight's smoke, the wrapper looks great and the draw is OK. It's starting out a little milder than expected, though. Drinking some Early Times.

La Aurora Preferido Corojo #2

Me and the missus wedding anniversary, 76 degrees and sunny, a quality Willamette Valley Pinot, needless to say, I really enjoyed this cigar.

Back