Tom Selleck

guy g

Gorilla
Saturday night, watching a TVO episode of Las Vegas. can any one who watches it tell what kind of cigar he is smoking? It has a large red band and he is smoking 'band on 'in every episode I've seen. I cant focus in close enough to ID it. Thanks.:confused:

Last edited:
Not sure but on "Two and a half men" Charlie just bit the cap off his smoke and torched it with a bic. Cigar abuse. :bn

Not sure but in Cigar Aficionado he claims to like Fuente Short Story's and Don Carlos Robusto's.
Could it be a Fuente Don Carlos Robusto?

I too was wondering this. There is also the part where he's in the security room and Mike goes "smoking in the security room?" and Selleck goes "Yep, it's a real good one too".

Made me wonder?

We also checked the 'Las Vegas" website forum and a thread starter also thought it may be a Fuente Don Carlos. (Are they the same ?).

I really don't care what he is smoking, but I like seeing a big name actor smoking cigars in prime time TV.

Yeah... I'm a Selleck fan... Magnum P.I. was a favorite in my house. Glad to see him representing the Cigar Aficionados so well! :ss
Kind of fun to see a couple of episodes back... Rick and T.C. guest starred... went by their real names. Nice touch. :tu

Tom Selleck is a class act, Conservative, NRA supporting, Cigar smoker.....

and a 1911 fan :)

I really don't care what he is smoking, but I like seeing a big name actor smoking cigars in prime time TV.

My wife even noticed the cigar smoking by Tom Selleck.

Don't forget about Boston Legal.
They usually end the show with Denny Crane and Alan Shore enjoying a scotch and a cigar on the balcony of the law firm.

"DENNY CRANE"

I've noticed a lot more cigar smoking on TV lately. Las Vegas, The Unit, Boston Legal, Cane, and others. It is definitely good to see and surprising considering the PC nature of Hollyweird.

My wife even noticed the cigar smoking by Tom Selleck.

Don't forget about Boston Legal.
They usually end the show with Denny Crane and Alan Shore enjoying a scotch and a cigar on the balcony of the law firm.

"DENNY CRANE"

Denny Crane rules!!! If the BL people know any better they'll come out with a cigar bearing his name.

What bothers me is that Tom Selleck always lights his cigars with a zippo.
They probably tell him to do it because people think zippos are cool. which they are but not for cigars.

B:ss

They probably tell him to do it because people think zippos are cool. which they are but not for cigars.

When I was watching the third X-Men movie with my son he commented on how Wolverine was smoking a cigar just like I do. I muttered something about how I sure as heck wouldn't be lighting it with a Zippo sans butane insert. I guess that cool Zippo flick and click is just too perfect to pass up.

I didn't have my torch one day so my buddy handed me his zippo, I took that little cedar paper that they wrap some cigars in off, lit it with his zippo, lit my smoke with the cedar paper and handed it back to him.

He gave me a dirty look. :ss

Isn't he supposed to be a millionaire on the show? One would think some one with bucket loads of cash would get a S.T. Dupont lighter for their stogies... but I guess zippo probably shelled out a lotta cash to be part of that show.

Guess I'll be the odd one here. I used my zippo a long time and never had any ill effects. I use a torch now, the zippo just uses too much fuel and the torch does light it better, but on occassion at home I'll use the Zippo.

Back on topic, Ive always liked Tom Selleck too :)

Back