Tomato Salad

Mark C

Lowland Gorilla
My lunch today. Homegrown tomatoes, seeded and cubed, topped with a splash of olive oil, good balsamic vinegar, fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, and a bit of homegrown basil and oregano. I love summer time :D

tomato%20salad.jpg

Homegrown tomatoes are the best, not even in the same ballpark as store bought tomatoes (even the vine ripened ones:rolleyes:). I remember having the first one from our garden and just being blown away, it was like a completely different vegetable/fruit. I would make 'meals' of them all the time, in much the same manner as you. Sometimes it is indeed the little things.....:tu

My lunch today. Homegrown tomatoes, seeded and cubed, topped with a splash of olive oil, good balsamic vinegar, fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, and a bit of homegrown basil and oregano. I love summer time :D

tomato%20salad.jpg

food pr0n!!

I agree, fresh mozzarella would be a great addition. I just didn't feel like driving out to the Italian deli this afternoon. You've talked me into it, I'll go get some tomorrow. Should have another couple tomatoes ready to pick tomorrow too! :D

Excellent work from garden to plate to camera. Looking good! Tasting good :tu

Here is a quick little number I put together a few times in the past week.

One flour tortilla topped with 2 small corn tortillas laid end to end, then topped with thin slices of pecorino reggiano or some other hard salted cheese—placed on a plate and micro-waved for 2 minutes (mileage may vary), take out of oven and top down the center with one tomato thickly sliced, fold over from both sides (2 folds) and then apply to mouth. The salty cheese compliments the tomato and the corn and all that goodness.

Man, I eat those things til my mouth gets sore. BLT with garden-fresh tomatoes is just unbeatable. And, incidentally, very good for the prostate.

Back