Tonight's smoke 8/8/07

uncballzer

aka Silky
Didn't see anyone post this yet surprisingly. Just got from the bowling alley and lit up a Natural, Clean Robusto I got from a sampler pack. This one isn't like the first I had though, as it only has hints of the fruity flavor I recall from the first I had. What else are others lighting up tonight?

Re: Tonight's smoke 8/10/07

I had a Holt's Big League Corona this morning. I took a three hour nap so no afternoon smoke today..

Are you guys looking forward to Friday already or am I a couple days behind? ;)

Smoking an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro - my first one of these. I got it from from ca21455 last November. Liking the cigar quite a bit so far. Paired with some Early Times.

Are you guys looking forward to Friday already or am I a couple days behind? ;)

Oh yeah! I'm taking the day off work Friday and going to a BBQ contest in Dillon, CO. A guy at the new place I work does the BBQ thing and needed some help. I like meat, so...

I'm taking some cigars and hoping a herf will break out.

A 601-the first Pepin cigar I've not liked.

Why? Haven't tried the 601 but plan to order a couple sticks. I generally like Pepin a lot.

Smoked an Illusione Belicoso tonight. Have been trying one of the different vitolas in the Illusione line every 2-3 days. So far, the Belicoso is my least favorite but still not bad.

-Ken

Smoked a CAO America while watching the Motorcycle Diaries. After cutting it, I couldn't even get a draw. It took some surgery to finally get it smokable. It wasn't a bad cigar, but not at all memorable. My theory that the more bands, fancy packaging, and novelty wrappers a cigar has, the worse it's going to be, appears to still stand.

Had a Davidoff Millenium in the garage. It's humid in L.A., and it was a bit on the wet side. The draw was too tight, and I had to keep puffing to keep it well lit. Tasted fine, but I got tired of working so hard & let it go at 2/3 way down.

In this kind of weather I have to remember to smoke a 50 rg to insure a good draw... Larry.:cb

Partagas 150 Corona Grande (Habanos). Very different from previous examples. Different better? Well...probably not. Tough to opine, though.

AF 858 cammie, smooth, well constructed, right down the middle of the fairway.

I had my first 601 the other day, I thought it was ok, not as good as the blue or black lables, but I enjoyed it.

Is it me or was everyone unsatisifed with their pics for tonight?

Strange as I am in the same boat. I had a Partagas black robusto...wet,,way to tight draw..kept going out. First bad
Partagas I had ever had. Could it be the really humid weather in my neck of the woods? :confused:

Smoking an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro - my first one of these. I got it from from ca21455 last November. Liking the cigar quite a bit so far. Paired with some Early Times.

Without a doubt, those are some of my favorites. Delicious, and inexpensive!

My smoke tonight is a Cusano 18 Double Connecticut Robusto. So good. Just like I remember from my first.

Damn, this means I'm going to have to pick up a box now. This is my last.

Went to my friends house to celebrate his birthday. In doing so I had a Tatuaje Regios and a Ashton Cabinet Belicoso. I gave my friend first pick as a birthday present and he went with the Ashton VSG Robusto. Fun night, less drama than most of the times my friends start drinking haha.

Why? Haven't tried the 601 but plan to order a couple sticks. I generally like Pepin a lot.

-Ken

It was real earthy without the spice and twang of other Pepins and just didn't do anything for me. The heat might have contributed-still in the 90's at 8:00 pm.

Back