Torano 1916

AAlmeter

HOT for HILLARY!!
Tried the 1916 Cameroon today in the churchill size. First half inch was very boring, almost tasteless, but after that...wow. Medium bodied with a nice starchy sweetness and nuttiness to it. Im generally not one to pick out every little taste in a cigar, but these were noticable. An excellent tasting cigar. In fact, I would even rate it above my beloved CAO's Cameroon line. Being the engineer that I am, I took out my trusty protractor and measured a perfect 90 degree burn. Im going in for a skin graft on my fingers tomorrow after nubbing this one to death. Another great one for the Torano company.

Torano puts together some good cigars. I burned my first 1916 today. It did strike me as a bit mild in the first part. The opening puffs where definitely dominated by the Cameroon wrapper. At about half way I was getting some good flavor. At its core it came off smooth and round with the spicy overtones of the wrapper. My sample, a corona, burned real slow -- 1hr plus! Not bad although my jury's still out on these. I've got another sample waiting.

I'll agree with the sweetness and the nutty flavor you picked out. I just wasn't paying as much attention as I should have (reading a book at the time) to pick out too much. I also had a milder (next to flavorless) cigar prior to this that probably colored my palate a bit. Torano does seem to have a sweet tooth, no? Well, so do I.

Had my first Torano 1916 today and it certainly won't be my last. With a full bodied flavor, a comfortable spicy taste, and great ash it just continues my love affair with the Torano line. Can't wait to get my lips around a Tribute now !!

Can't wait to get my lips around a Tribute now !!
You and alot of others mp! Looks like they should start showing up in stores this coming week. What a nice holiday gift from the Toranos.

Kevin

Total agreement with the other posts about 1916 camaroon, Tried one last week, now have a few of them resting in my humidor. Frank B

Back