Tornados suck

Scud

Hairy Knuckle Dragger
Long story short, I came home from work to find a box on my porch and a smile on my face. I grabbed my 5 month old in his baby seat out of the back seat, his diaper bag, my briefcase, and grabbed the box from Taboo Cigars off the porch. Just then, I was hit with 60+ mph winds and the tornado sirens began blaring. It also got pitch black almost immediately. Well, I dropped the box, hustled my boy inside and downstairs, and when I went back for the box...it had blown away. The storms were still blaring and the rain and hail were coming in sideways. I shut the garage door and went downstairs to wait out the storm. when I went back, I took 2 flashlights and searched the neighborhood. I live somewhat in the country and the box was nowhere to be found. I went out again, for another 1/2 hour, and found nothing.

Long story short, tornados ruined my gift to myself :hn Luckily, everyone is safe and aside from some stuff being blown around the yard and off the deck, everything is good. :tu

Luckily everyone is safe.

Sorry to hear about the cigars. Upside is maybe a neighbor might get bombed.

That sucks man. Maybe somebody will find it. Disasters seems to bring out the best in most people. Unfortunately, it brings out the very worst in others, but hopefully those people don't find it.

Where are you located?

Thanks, guys. We're okay, but still in the basement because of the storms. My boy, Moose, is loving all the playtime with all his new toys. I'm upset about the box blowing away, but in hindsight it would have been nice to boot it into the garage and then shut the door, but I was worried about his safety with things blowing through the air.

You can't second guess what you did there. You did the right thing, the cigars were going to be destroyed eventually anyway. :ss

Fortunately you and your family are safe. It sucks to loose the cigars but they can be replaced. Maybe you'll get lucky and a neighbor will find your box.

Heard there were tornado warnings West and South of here....just glad you and the family are OK, and they cancelled the warnings a little bit ago.

I agree with the rest, what's most important is safe. But what about contacting UPS or who ever delivered them and telling them you believe your package blew away in the storm.

Glad you and your family are safe. That storm is heading this way the Weather Service just posted Tornado warning for most of SE MI we will be keeping an eye on the weather here also.

Wow. At first I was waiting for the punchline. Sorry to hear about your smokes. We get hit with tornados all the time. We invested in a weather radio because the last series of tornados hit at 3am. Keep safe!!

But what about contacting UPS or who ever delivered them and telling them you believe your package blew away in the storm.

I couldn't lie to them or anyone over a few $$ and some cigars. I never imagined the wind blowing the box away, but damn the winds were strong.

I was wondering if any fellow BOTLs had been caught by the storm this afternoon and was almost ready to post a thread to that effect. Glad to hear you made it okay, and your son, and your house too. That's what's important...you can always order more cigars.

I couldn't lie to them or anyone over a few $$ and some cigars. I never imagined the wind blowing the box away, but damn the winds were strong.
I don't think they cover acts of God anywho.

Sorry to hear man. I hope Taboo might help a BOTL out somehow.

Replacement or discount?

How 'bout it?

I hit my limit with that last order and am on "restriction", which means I get no nooky if I order anything for the next few weeks or so. It sucks, but nothing would have sucked more than anything happening to my son/wife/house.

Who woulda thought on January 7th we'd have tornadoes. One hit just about 10 miles east of me. tore up a nice apple orchard place that makes incredible apple cider doughnuts. Fortunately, only a handful of people injured.

My oldest daughter's high school held them for a half an hour until the storm passed. Kind of a crazy day today.

Last edited:
I hit my limit with that last order and am on "restriction", which means I get no nooky if I order anything for the next few weeks or so. It sucks, but nothing would have sucked more than anything happening to my son/wife/house.

PM me your address...and I'll get something (hopefully) even better out to you this week...:D

Glad to hear you are ok. Tornados are some scary $hit. Could you put up some posters for your lost box like it was a cat? You could also look into if there are any recourses from the shipper for weather destroying your package.

I'm glad to hear you and your family are well and safe, that's what important as been said cigars come and go.

Back