Treasure Dome?

rack04

Addie's Daddy
Anyone own The Treasure Dome sold by CheapHumidors.com? I'm looking for a larger humidor, something around 300 ct, and wanted some opinions. Initially, I thought I'd get an Aristocrat Mini or The Connoisseur but I just can't justify spending that much on a humidor, especially with so many cigars that I need to purchase. Before you recommend a coolerador please understand that I've been down that path and the wife won't allow it. Thanks.

These aren't scratch and dent..but about once a month or so cbid will put up 2-10 scratch and dent items..this was just a quick comparison on you looking for a 300 or so ct. Humi...sorry for the confusion..

Shawn

These aren't scratch and dent..but about once a month or so cbid will put up 2-10 scratch and dent items..this was just a quick comparison on you looking for a 300 or so ct. Humi...sorry for the confusion..

Shawn

No problem. I was just concerned about the Dome you listed. Pay no attention to JR from Houston, TX. :tu

I Do (thanks to a suggestion by a fellow Primate(when I was looking for a larger Humi)

CIMG1311.jpg

I love it. It's huge and it was inexpensive.

B

Wow, Brian you just keep coming through in the clutch. Do you by chance have any pics with it open? What kind of humidification do you use?

I have a Treasure Dome as well. Got it for right around $100 on CBid. It works well for me. I also have a 150 count and a 48qt cooler too though.

I'll take some pics this evening if I remember.

I really need to get a book or something to write sh|t down in.

I use the 2 bricks that came with it. I also have a tube with some beads in it.

B

Wow, Brian you just keep coming through in the clutch. Do you by chance have any pics with it open? What kind of humidification do you use?

It came with 2 rectangular credos with floral foam for humidification. I opened them up, took out the floral foam and replaced it with beads.

Inside of mine. Right side of top is 3 levels deep.

doublesleftsinglesright.jpg

Bottom level can stack up 4-5 levels of cigars.

bottomlevels.jpg

I don't have any picture of the inside of the lid, but if none have been posted by the time I get home I will add them.

It came with 2 rectangular credos with floral foam for humidification. I opened them up, took out the floral foam and replaced it with beads.

Good idea. What did you put the beads in, i.e. panty hose? Are your humidifications devices removeable so that you can recharge the beads? How many cigars do you really think will fit in this case?

Good idea. What did you put the beads in, i.e. panty hose? Are your humidifications devices removeable so that you can recharge the beads? How many cigars do you really think will fit in this case?

The 1/2 pound mesh bags from heartfelt are what I put the beads in. Panty hose would work fine though too. The blocks are removable for easy recharging. The amount of cigars that you can fit would depend on your skills at tetris. The bottom has those movable dividers so you can change them around. If I had to guess, I would say between 250-325 depending on size of cigar of course. :tu

The 1/2 pound mesh bags from heartfelt are what I put the beads in. Panty hose would work fine though too. The blocks are removable for easy recharging. The amount of cigars that you can fit would depend on your skills at tetris. The bottom has those movable dividers so you can change them around. If I had to guess, I would say between 250-325 depending on size of cigar of course. :tu

Thanks for the info. So you think I'll be alright with 1/2 pound Heartfelt beads and a 1/2 pound mesh bag for each humidification device?

If I were to start all over with no humidors at all, this is probably the route I would go too. I still might.

Me too, but the only downside is that I currently live in an apartment with limited storage space. I have a 75ct, 50ct, and 20ct that are all full. I hope to combine all three into the Trasure Dome, keep the 75ct, and send the other two to the troops. Next year when I move to Dallas and get a house I'll probably want something nice. Like an Aristocrat.

If I were to start all over with no humidors at all, this is probably the route I would go too. I still might.

Me too, but the only downside is that I currently live in an apartment with limited storage space. I have a 75ct, 50ct, and 20ct that are all full. I hope to combine all three into the Trasure Dome, keep the 75ct, and send the other two to the troops. Next year when I move to Dallas and get a house I'll probably want something nice. Like an Aristocrat.

Back