Trilogy Exotic Maduro Robusto

ShaulWolf

Gorilla
Trilogy Exotic Maduro
Robusto (50 x 5.0)

It's been a while since I've had the time to kick back and enjoy something, and I wanted to try something new so I pulled this stick out. I sat outside on the deck with some light coffee and lit up.

The wrapper is very nice. It's smooth, velvety, has a light oily shine, and is lightly veined. I toasted the tip and got a pleasant sweet scent from it. Snip the end and start to really light it. The draw is very nice; it's easy and offers little resistance but isn't loose. The initial flavor I got was a medium bodied woodsy and nutty flavor, the two flavors that would show through the entire cigar.

Now while the flavor profile was the same through the entire cigar that's not a bad thing. It wasn't overpowering, and was very smooth without any harshness at all. It also complimented my coffee well, making it seem a little sweeter.

The burn on it was very consistent and even. It started to get a little uneven once and corrected itself well before my next puff. There was never a need for any touch ups or relights, even after I had to set it down for a couple minutes to chase one of the cats back inside.

I smoked the cigar down to an inch and a half or two inches before letting it go. It didn't get hot or harsh at all, even down to the end of it. It was a consistent flavor profile with lots of smooth cool smoke. The draw was good, the burn was even, and overall it was a good cigar. The only downside for some is that the flavor didn't change, but others may find that to be a good thing. I liked the way it tasted, and it let me sit back and enjoy without having to dig down and analyze what I was tasting. I'd give it an 8/10 and would buy more if I found a good deal on them.

Greg, I smoked this in the original tri shape and it was wonderful In fact, the corojo and the Cameroon were also very good, especially for the price. The only round one that I have smoked is the maduro and it tastes like the same blend. Great smokes for the money. Paul:tu

Great photos!

I don't why, maybe I had bad luck or something but the first time I tried this cigar it had serious burn issues. Second time I had one it tasted a bit boring/bland to me.

I personally like Trilogy's Corojo Churchill much better.

I kinda miss the tri shape. I thought it was kinda cool looking, and was really nice to hold.

Anyway, nice review.

Great photos!

I don't why, maybe I had bad luck or something but the first time I tried this cigar it had serious burn issues. Second time I had one it tasted a bit boring/bland to me.

I personally like Trilogy's Corojo Churchill much better.

I kinda miss the tri shape. I thought it was kinda cool looking, and was really nice to hold.

Anyway, nice review.
Most important point was that the tri shape was a great deal from CI when they were called Trilogy Old School. Between $40 and $50 per box was a steal. I miss the tri shape. It was unique, it smoked well and it was cheap. My favorite in the tri shape was the cameroon and in the round shape it is the maduro.

I'm wishing I had gotten to try out the tri shape; it sounds like it would've been a nice smoke. The Trilogy I reviewed would seem boring to some since the flavors didn't change at all, but like I said that's something I liked. It let me kick back and not have to concentrate too much on the cigar. I was able to listen to the crickets, wind blowing through the trees, and the occasional animal in the woods and still enjoy the flavor of the cigar.

I'm wishing I had gotten to try out the tri shape; it sounds like it would've been a nice smoke. The Trilogy I reviewed would seem boring to some since the flavors didn't change at all, but like I said that's something I liked. It let me kick back and not have to concentrate too much on the cigar. I was able to listen to the crickets, wind blowing through the trees, and the occasional animal in the woods and still enjoy the flavor of the cigar.
Not every cigar has to kick you in the nuts to get your attention and be a great cigar. The triangular cigars were pretty much a novelty but were good smokes and fun to have. I have smoked both and the blend that you have in the round one is the same. I keep GR Specials Red and Magic Mountains when I just want to look at the water and not think too deeply. Sometimes it is a gift to not have to concentrate on the cigar and just relax into a familiar flavor. In the same way here on the New England coast I can say that sometimes the sound of the wind, the occasional seal in the water, the sea gulls, and even the chirp of the cricket and buzz and bite of the sand flea can be a symphony. When you enter your 50's and hopefully earlier, you will understand that sometimes nothing is something. Have a great night. Paul

I think I smoked all of my triangles but maybe there are a few buried somewhere. :ss

The Exotic Maduro is a solid smoke in any shape.

Tremendous review, ShaulWolf!
:tu

Last edited:
Back