Tropical Fever Connecticut Review

Nabinger16

SilverBack
I received a Tropical Fever Conn. from Triolent (thanks again Bro) a couple weeks ago from a contest he put on.

Tropical Fever Connecticut
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Connecticut
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Length: 4.5 Ring: 46

Prelight: This little cigar had a caramel almost fruity smell to it that was very pleasing. The wrapper was veiny, but the little cigar had what appeared to be a good solid construction; especially for a cigar that is sold for less than a buck a stick. It cut well, and had a good prelight draw.

This little cigar lit easily, and initially opened with a little bit of spice, but it was gone just about as quick as it started. The thing that impressed me was the amount of thick smoke it produced. The kind that just lingers when you open your mouth. The cigar was a bit one dimensional having the same predominate woody flavor almost throughout. Which actually was fine by me because I was really enjoying the woody flavor. There was a bit of an unexpected surprise about midway through the last third, a nice popcorn flavor started coming through. It started getting a little to warm so I laid it to rest with about a half inch to go. The cigar had a very even burn from beginning to end. In my opinion this is a mild bodied cigar that has a bit of a short finish.

Overall, for a short inexpensive cigar the Tropical Fever Conn. is a pretty descent smoke. From what I have read about these, they vary a bit in flavor from one stick to the next. But hey, at about a buck a stick if you don't like it... toss it a grab another.

Thanks Triolent....

Back