Uh oh.. left A/C off today on accident

Mindflux

Lowland Gorilla
So I left the A/C off at the house today on accident. It's 80 degrees here today, which means the house is likely close to that, or hotter.

How is this going to impact my cigars? If I get the temps back to a stable temp tonight how much worrying should I do about beetles?

Thanks folks.

-Flux/Ryan

Mindflux said:
So I left the A/C off at the house today on accident. It's 80 degrees here today, which means the house is likely close to that, or hotter.

How is this going to impact my cigars? If I get the temps back to a stable temp tonight how much worrying should I do about beetles?

Thanks folks.

-Flux/Ryan

My old roommate didn't have A/C at his house, my smokes were at around 80F all summer, no problems. I sure wouldn't worry about one day at 80.

You should be fine, just don't go home and turn the AC on to 58* or anything. :D

As I've said many a time, cigars go through much more when we ship them to each other than they do when a humi is left open or *someone* forgets to turn the AC on.

Just take care of it when you get home and you should be fine.

Yeah I figured one day aint diddly, but I just don't want reprocussions down the road.

I dont want to deal with beetles if I dont have to!
:gn

Mindflux said:
Yeah I figured one day aint diddly, but I just don't want reprocussions down the road.

I dont want to deal with beetles if I dont have to!
:gn
Your smokes are all trash now. Send them to me and I will preoperly dispose of them ;)

Alpedhuez55 said:
Your smokes are all trash now. Send them to me and I will preoperly dispose of them ;)

or, even better - i'll be near pflugerville the first part of march. i'll swing by and take all your good ones off your hands... :)

thebiglebowski said:
or, even better - i'll be near pflugerville the first part of march. i'll swing by and take all your good ones off your hands... :)

I'll be in Jersey on the first of March.

Bummer!

You can go steal Stacey's smokes. He's close.

Mindflux said:

Thanks folks.

-Flux/Ryan
Be thankful it was 80* there. This morning here in So. Dak. it was 9* w/ a windchill of -12* with snow flurries and about 3-5" of snow on the ground from the night before. I have to worry about my 'gars getting frost bite!!!

Mindflux said:
I'll be in Jersey on the first of March.

Bummer!

You can go steal Stacey's smokes. He's close.

HEY NOW I unemployeed and remember I got guns and I will defend my smokes. :gn

But if your in the area Big, maybe we can hook up and I share some with ya.

And Ryan, don't forget the set the heater tomorrow. High is going to be 50.

Stacey

glovepuppy said:
Be thankful it was 80* there. This morning here in So. Dak. it was 9* w/ a windchill of -12* with snow flurries and about 3-5" of snow on the ground from the night before. I have to worry about my 'gars getting frost bite!!!

yeah, no doubt. You want us to have pity on you and your springlike weather? (i have very little room to talk today, it was unseasonably warm here today.) Nonetheless, it was snowing 6 days ago and will return to winterlike temps this weekend.

i wouldn't worry one bit about 80*. Afterall, what temp do you think it might be in Havana?

The house is considerably cooler now, but the hygrometer still reads about 74* (about what it was when I came home, too).

Even tried opening the humi and recirculating the air in it. I guess it wants to be warm..

Mindflux said:
The house is considerably cooler now, but the hygrometer still reads about 74* (about what it was when I came home, too).

Even tried opening the humi and recirculating the air in it. I guess it wants to be warm..

Open the humidor again. This time, grab a cigar and smoke it. Relax. The cigars will be fine.

Tomorrows high is projected at -3 degrees in Duluth, and that is not including the wind-chill factor which we always have off this damn big lake outside. A/C... I can’t even fathom it this time of year.

Back