UMO Vs. ????

hk3

Alpha Buttcrack
UMO Vs.
Looks like a piramide sized cigar around 52 X 6 1/2
Medium Bodied

First Im going to start this off by saying that I know nothing about these cigars. I picked them up off of a guy (no box included) about two years ago so I have no idea how old they are? I tried to research them online today but found nothing that was very informative. If you know anything about these I would love to hear about them.

The review: The structure was very nice on this cigar as was the smell before lighting. Upon lighting the taste was very mild.
During the 1/3 the ash was super white and nice looking. The burn was even and the draw was perfect. It had a very nutty taste to it.

The 2/3 was about the same as the 1/3, except the ash turned to a dark grey and black.

The final third was hanging on strong. A little spicyness kicked in but it was faint. This cigar lasted a good fifty minutes and then I set her down. Afterwards this cigar left my mouth very dry.
I was amazed that the cigar only ashed twice durning the entire thing.
Not a bad smoke considering I was aniticipating this thing to be a dog rocket. Has anyone ever smoked one of these or heard of them?
I only have this one photo because I took the dogs for a walk and forgot the damn camera.

Last edited:
UMO Vs.
Looks like a piramide sized cigar around 52 X 6 1/2
Medium Bodied

First Im going to start this off by saying that I know nothing about these cigars. I picked them up off of a guy (no box included) about two years ago so I have no idea how old they are? I tried to research them online today but found nothing that was very informative. If you know anything about these I would love to hear about them.

The review: The structure was very nice on this cigar as was the smell before lighting. Upon lighting the taste was very mild.
During the 1/3 the ash was super white and nice looking. The burn was even and the draw was perfect. It had a very nutty taste to it.

The 2/3 was about the same as the 1/3, except the ash turned to a dark grey and black.

The final third was hanging on strong. A little spicyness kicked in but it was faint. This cigar lasted a good fifty minutes and then I set her down. Afterwards this cigar left my mouth very dry.
I was amazed that the cigar only ashed twice durning the entire thing.
Not a bad smoke considering I was aniticipating this thing to be a dog rocket. Has anyone ever smoked one of these or heard of them?
I only have this one photo because I took the dogs for a walk and forgot the damn camera.

You had better luck than I did. I got a single from LLynn a few years ago. It looks like they still sell the robusto. I want to say they were originally described as a Dominican puro, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, I recall it wasn't unpleasent, medium bodied, with the nutty flavor you described. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it, the wrapper started to unravel and eventually the whole thing fell apart. I believe the one I had was a torpedo. cheers.

You had better luck than I did. I got a single from LLynn a few years ago. It looks like they still sell the robusto. I want to say they were originally described as a Dominican puro, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, I recall it wasn't unpleasent, medium bodied, with the nutty flavor you described. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it, the wrapper started to unravel and eventually the whole thing fell apart. I believe the one I had was a torpedo. cheers.

This one I had wasn't half bad... no unravelling, splitting, no problems at all. Maybe by tomorrow someone will have given me some info. I see stuff online during the search that brings up Montenegro... Maybe this is the maker or where they come from? :confused:

This one I had wasn't half bad... no unravelling, splitting, no problems at all. Maybe by tomorrow someone will have given me some info. I see stuff online during the search that brings up Montenegro... Maybe this is the maker or where they come from? :confused:

I followed the link posted by Silverfox on the other UMO thread . The Smokemag review mentions the "Jekyll and Hyde" character of this cigar, that several samples unvraveled on the panelists. I swear I've never seen a cigar come apart as completely as that one did. It looked like one of those exploding cartoon stogies.:D

Back