Ungraded Tobacco?

Munt

Maturing Primate
I was reading the description for the Private Stock Cigars and it mentioned that they are made from ungraded tobacco. What is that about?

"Private Stock No. 7 cigars are handmade in the Davidoff factory with the finest 'ungraded' Dominican fillers and wrappers. All that means is the leaves were not inspected for grading. But you can still expect these cigars to be first-rate......"

Thanks in advance,

Munt.

I was reading the description for the Private Stock Cigars and it mentioned that they are made from ungraded tobacco. What is that about?

"Private Stock No. 7 cigars are handmade in the Davidoff factory with the finest 'ungraded' Dominican fillers and wrappers. All that means is the leaves were not inspected for grading. But you can still expect these cigars to be first-rate......"

Thanks in advance,

Munt.

Sounds like the Private Stock cigars may be made from the tobacco left over from the Davidoff manufacturing process (e.g. extra leaves). Havent had one before, maybe another BOTL can provide some insight?

I dunno - I call :BS I don't see how any tobacco could be at the Davidoff factory without getting graded at some point.

Ron

Private stock are cigars rolled by Davidoff apprentices. Good stuff and a great buy. I particularly like the No.11.

I heard an interview with Rocky Patel on CCOM Radio. He said they were meticulous in resorting the incoming bales so that each roller received the same averaged selection from the bale as the next roller. This he said produced consistency in the cigars. Always good to hear from somebody like [Trumpet] who has actually smoked the stick in question. I have not, but it seems reasonable that leaves for apprentice rollers might be supplied 'as is'. I have no particular axe to grind, so [omowasu] with leftovers, and [RGD] with bullshit, both seem reasonable explanations to me. Take you pick [grin] as the old construction site joke says.

Back