Unhappy with Humidor purchase!!

wallyevs012

MSG,USA(Ret)
I received a new humidor about 10 days ago from cheaphumidors.com it was made in China and the door falls off every time I open it...I contacted cheaphumidors and they said to screw in the hinge screw tightly, I already new that but a cabinet maker said they bored the holes in the door that the euro hinge goes in offcenter and thats why the door won't close properly....The humidor cost me 370.00 and 190.00 to ship to MA. If I send it back, that will cost me another 190.00 and I'm sure I won't get my money back....That really sucks!!!! :mad:

I received a new humidor about 10 days ago from cheaphumidors.com it was made in China and the door falls off every time I open it...I contacted cheaphumidors and they said to screw in the hinge screw tightly, I already new that but a cabinet maker said they bored the holes in the door that the euro hinge goes in offcenter and thats why the door won't close properly....The humidor cost me 370.00 and 190.00 to ship to MA. If I send it back, that will cost me another 190.00 and I'm sure I won't get my money back....That really sucks!!!! :mad:

Maybe they would give you a credit to keep it and have the cabinet maker fix it. But first, say you'll only settle for replacement w/shipping and feel them out.

Good luck.

They acknowledge that the unit is defective and still make you pay to ship it back? That's a bunch of bs.

Maybe they would give you a credit to keep it and have the cabinet maker fix it. But first, say you'll only settle for replacement w/shipping and feel them out.

Good luck.

I agree with this statement. Call them and give them a chance to make good on the sale. You may be surprised. :2

I agree with what's been said.
If they won't take care of it, as in making repair arrangements or shipping a humi that's not worthless, tell them you'll do a chargeback.
It'd be nice to think they'd just fix the problem they created before you had to resort to that, but hey.

I also had a very bad experience with cheaphumidors.com . I ordered one of their "starter" humidors and did not get all of the items promised. I e mailed CS and he kept trying to upsell me on some other item. I wound up having to go through Amazon to get a partial refund on the item(s) I bought.

I dont make much noise about it ((As I was told that the person who runs cheaphumidor.com is a member here)) But I will never do business with them again.

Send dsabot a pm he is the cheap humidor guy. After reading some of his posts about his competitors and how they should stand by their pricing and products, he should be more then happy to make this right.

Walter you contacted us on 6/25 saying "Just received my new humidor from you Friday, it arrived safe and sound and is beautiful" but had a question on the hinges, specifically how they worked. 49 minutes after your email was received I wrote back informing you that they are European Hinges and are designed to move up, down, in, out, left, right, etc. so you can align the door properly. I didn't hear back from you until a week later.

On 7/2 (a week later) you contacted us stating the door was defective and wanted to return the product and asked for information on how to do so. 18 minutes after your email arrived I provided the return information but went on to say

"These hinges can be replaced with any hinge, such as those unsed in cabinets, etc. I can even open a box here and send a new set of hinges if you think it might fix your problem so you don't have to incur time, etc."

I never heard back from you. I just want it to be known that I have been very responsive regarding your concern and have been trying to work with you, however have not heard a response. I welcome you to contact me offline to discuss this and any further cure fo your problem.

Not sure is dsabot is Dave from Cheaphumidors, but he has been great with me every time I have dealt with them.

Walter you contacted us on 6/25 saying "Just received my new humidor from you Friday, it arrived safe and sound and is beautiful" but had a question on the hinges, specifically how they worked. 49 minutes after your email was received I wrote back informing you that they are European Hinges and are designed to move up, down, in, out, left, right, etc. so you can align the door properly. I didn't hear back from you until a week later.

On 7/2 (a week later) you contacted us stating the door was defective and wanted to return the product and asked for information on how to do so. 18 minutes after your email arrived I provided the return information but went on to say

"These hinges can be replaced with any hinge, such as those unsed in cabinets, etc. I can even open a box here and send a new set of hinges if you think it might fix your problem so you don't have to incur time, etc."

I never heard back from you. I just want it to be known that I have been very responsive regarding your concern and have been trying to work with you, however have not heard a response. I welcome you to contact me offline to discuss this and any further cure fo your problem.
doesn't get much more helpful then that

I bought a humidor from them and had similar problems. The humidor is in my closet and is not being used. I guess that's why they call them "cheap" humidors.

I bought an "imperfect" treasure dome from them and it's been GREAT!:tu

I've since moved on to a VT and use the treasure dome as a "staging" area for new sticks.

Thank you for your post....I was upset because you explained to me in detail what I had to do to return the item...I could not use the box it came in as I cut the sides to get the humi out and I never got an answer if I would get my shipping costs refunded....A friend of mine got me new hinges (Made in USA) and mounted them for me...It cost 30.00 for the hardware and I gave him a box of CAO's for his trouble...And it is a beautiful humidor, passed the light test 68T/65%RH....The humi was made out of the country and I don't blame you as you don't assemble them...And I will still do business with you in the future...I'm a 70 y.o. man on the short end of the stick, so please forgive me. I greatly respect this forum and you are all BOTL....Again thanks for your explanation, Wally

I am glad to see everything turned out. When I get back to the states thats who I was thinking about going through to get my first humi. I am still on the fence through I my just use the money to get coolers. and set those up. They are a lot cheaper.

But I am glad everything worked itself out.

I'm happy to hear that this was resolved but it's too bad it had to be handled here on the forum for everyone to see.

Back